Price of fuel oil in your part of the world?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chain

Feeling the Heat
I purchased my usual 150 gallons of fuel oil for the season yesterday and paid $3.29 a gallon here in upstate, NY. What's the price in your area?

It's 3.21 here but I got 125 gallons in April at 3.07. After this tank I'm done. I'm going with a GE hybrid water heater after I found out my utility company offers a $400 rebate.

Almost 1.25/liter after taxes x 4 = $5 per gallon :( Bringing in enough to have 3/4 of a tank next week or so it'll be $400 (320L / 80Gals added to what is left from last year).

Some happy to have 3 cords of dry split wood for this winter.

3.16 actually the company that delivers oil to us called up a couple days ago asking if we needed any. I told him politely that we had a geo system installed and don't have oil tanks/system anymore. Felt good although he's a nice person just trying to make a living glad I wont be writing him a check for oil ever again.

#2? We got lots of that stuff, Um OHHH. Da udder number 2! Sorry, $3.49 last I checked and the pellet dealer is chanting go-go-go! ;em

$3.89 per gallon in my area.

$3.60 here this AM. If US throws a Tomahawk into Syria that will look very good.

$3.60 here this AM. If US throws a Tomahawk into Syria that will look very good.
10 years ago it would be even more of an issue... with current oil production up in the US and considering most if not all of our home heating oil comes from Canada no one is calling for 8 dollar a gallon anymore. Could reach 4.50 if things go hostile in the gulf. When it does hello electric hot water heater. Just realized I am burning 30 gallons a month for hot water with a direct fired coil. So ready to send that thing out to pasture.

252 gals in the 275 baseboard boiler / dhw tank on july 4th @ $3 a gal, still well above 7/8

$3.97 for Ultra low sulfur Diesel (thats what work pays) they have 18000 gallons on hand....well, had 18000 gallons on hand...

Just bought another 1000 gallons at $3.29/gal. Used exactly 1000 gallons last year, 1400 gallons the year before, and 1900 gallons the year before that.

Prices range from $3.249 to $3.649 most local companies seem to be at $3.399.

10 years ago it would be even more of an issue... with current oil production up in the US and considering most if not all of our home heating oil comes from Canada no one is calling for 8 dollar a gallon anymore. Could reach 4.50 if things go hostile in the gulf. When it does hello electric hot water heater. Just realized I am burning 30 gallons a month for hot water with a direct fired coil. So ready to send that thing out to pasture.

I installed an electric HW heater in February to fully cut the oil. I was using about 25 gallons a month. With the electric heater, my electric bill went up about $40 a month. About a $50 a month savings in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.