Princess and Ashford 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I’m so fortunate that my wife knows she has her department around the home, and I have mine. The stove that heats our home isn’t based on strictly looks. It’s whatever works best.

Reactions: bholler
I’m so fortunate that my wife knows she has her department around the home, and I have mine. The stove that heats our home isn’t based on strictly looks. It’s whatever works best.
Looks enter into it for me. That is the designer in me coming out. But looks without function wont do.

I do love the jotul blue black though. Fantastic finish.

Jotuls wont fit with the aesthetic of the new house though. Not that the regency does that well but it is pretty neutral.

I have to look at the stove too. A big black box might be ok to go in the basement, but we don't have one. In the living room the stove should look good year round. I miss the Castine for good looks and the blue black enamel, but the T6 is easy on the eyes and a much better fit for the house. Low maintenance and the flexible heating top are a bonus.

Reactions: AlbergSteve
I’m so fortunate that my wife knows she has her department around the home, and I have mine.
My girl told me I am in charge of the entire house....except for the kitchen and bedroom. How can I argue with that sweet face
received_1903576089715525.jpeg

I have to look at the stove too. A big black box might be ok to go in the basement, but we don't have one. In the living room the stove should look good year round. I miss the Castine for good looks and the blue black enamel, but the T6 is easy on the eyes and a much better fit for the house. The flexible heating top is a bonus.
Yeah in our old house the basement wasnt living space so i could not have cared less what the stove looked like. Which it was ashame to have some of the stoves i had down there out of veiw. But the new house it is finished living space.

Have you thought about trading her in? Top load stoves are very problematic. And are kinda hard to find, not many choices, few of which are dependable heaters.

Are you out of your $&%#@ tree ? A good woman is like a good cigar. Woods stoves are another thing. Obey.
Guess you're without one Webby

Are you out of your $&%#@ tree ? A good woman is like a good cigar. Woods stoves are another thing. Obey.
Hardly, I’ve got a good one that doesn’t care much about woodstoves.. as long as she’s warm. When we moved she said she didn’t care what stove I bought, as long as it’s a Blaze King. She’s a keeper!

No we just have wives that dont insist we spend allot of money on an inferior stove.

I’ll also add that she said it can’t be another Hearthstone!;lol

Reactions: bholler
I’ll also add that she said it can’t be another Hearthstone!;lol
The new ones look interesting. We will have to see if the cat placement is a problem as you think it will be.

My wife said all BK products are ugly....

This stove will go in our basement (1/2 basement), what ever stove you like she said and I jumped on the princess.....

My wife said all BK products are ugly....

This stove will go in our basement (1/2 basement), what ever stove you like she said and I jumped on the princess.....
No not all of them just the king and princess

No not all of them just the king and princess

Yes I agree, but that is her opinion and I have to respect it.

I saw the Princess in real life the other day. She is not ugly in my opinion and I believe I will learn to like her a lot once up and running

I saw the Princess in real life the other day. She is not ugly in my opinion and I believe I will learn to like her a lot once up and running
Dont get me wrong they are great stoves. But ugly as hell.

I thought the Princess was the ugliest thing ever till I bought one.(I never seen one in person before buying). After it was delivered I realized she’s one of the ladies that just doesn’t photograph well. It’s not nearly as ugly in the flesh.

Reactions: Diabel
The new ones look interesting. We will have to see if the cat placement is a problem as you think it will be.
It was the poor heat output that she didn’t like.
How do you think it will go with 2 cats sitting in the flue collar? You know how much debris ends up in the flue collar, not only fly ash but creosote falling down the flue throughout the season.

It wont change the btus needed to heat my house yes in the shoulder season it will mean much less loading. But most of the heating season i will still be loading 3 times a day. Because i will still need those btus.
But you said you are going modern on the next house. It should be well insulated then.;)

I thought the Princess was the ugliest thing ever till I bought one.(I never seen one in person before buying). After it was delivered I realized she’s one of the ladies that just doesn’t photograph well. It’s not nearly as ugly in the flesh.
I have seen plenty in person. And yeah i still think they look horrible. They go against just about every standards of proportions used in design

It was the poor heat output that she didn’t like.
How do you think it will go with 2 cats sitting in the flue collar? You know how much debris ends up in the flue collar, not only fly ash but creosote falling down the flue throughout the season.
I am sorry but i will wait to pass judgement till they are out a while. You claimed the regency hybrids had a fatal flaw that would cause premature cat failure. Which is not the case.

But you said you are going modern on the next house. It should be well insulated then.;)
What does modern design have to do with insulation???? It is insulated pretty well for a late 60s house. but i am still heating 2200 squ ft that is ontop of a hill that gets hammered by wind. When it gets into the 20s it takes quite a few btus.

I am sorry but i will wait to pass judgement till they are out a while. You claimed the regency hybrids had a fatal flaw that would cause premature cat failure. Which is not the case.
They changed the design after the trade show where it was unveiled. Maybe Hearthstone will do the same thing.
I want these new stoves to be performers. I just called it like I saw it, they changed the design, so maybe I was right?

They changed the design after the trade show where it was unveiled. Maybe Hearthstone will do the same thing.
I want these new stoves to be performers. I just called it like I saw it, they changed the design, so maybe I was right?
When did they change the design. We saw some of the prototypes when we were are the factory and they were all pretty much the same. And you made that claim for quite a while after they came on the market anyway.

I don’t know that they haven’t experienced trouble. There’s not that many of them out there really, and what? 1 or 2 on this site? No current users that I’m aware of.