Princess and Ashford 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I don’t know that they haven’t experienced trouble. There’s not that many of them out there really, and what? 1 or 2 on this site? No current users that I’m aware of.
We have sold almost 20 some out 3 years now with no real problems after the overdrafting with the inserts was addressed. There are allot of stove owners not on tgis site. But there are way more than one or 2 on this site.

We have sold almost 20 some out 3 years now with no real problems after the overdrafting with the inserts was addressed. There are allot of stove owners not on tgis site. But there are way more than one or 2 on this site.
That’s cool

So sorry to offend, but the BK Princess is butt ugly. Ashford is pretty however.
BKVP has other feelings. Truth: does the BKVP wife love the Princess ?

So sorry to offend, but the BK Princess is butt ugly. Ashford is pretty however.
BKVP has other feelings. Truth: does the BKVP wife love the Princess ?
Ah...my wife? Well, we have a King Parlor, not a Princess. Truth is, she loves it! Does she think the Ashford is better looking, yes. But, she loves getting up in the a.m. with a warm house, no need to load fuel, ability to stand in front of it for satisfying radiate heat to her back side and yes, she has placed a few items in front of it to raise the yeast!

“Looks” are so subjective. I’ll bet I spend more time in showrooms than just about anyone in the industry. Dozens of times each year, in fact right here in a Fairbanks, I have heard this before... “Hello, I’d like to get the Blaze King Princess. We bought that stove (points at pretty Stove) and says I told my wife she could have her way. Well, she’s tired on loading it, ashes falling out and now I get to get the stove I wanted.”

Ah...my wife? Well, we have a King Parlor, not a Princess. Truth is, she loves it! Does she think the Ashford is better looking, yes. But, she loves getting up in the a.m. with a warm house, no need to load fuel, ability to stand in front of it for satisfying radiate heat to her back side and yes, she has placed a few items in front of it to raise the yeast!

“Looks” are so subjective. I’ll bet I spend more time in showrooms than just about anyone in the industry. Dozens of times each year, in fact right here in a Fairbanks, I have heard this before... “Hello, I’d like to get the Blaze King Princess. We bought that stove (points at pretty Stove) and says I told my wife she could have her way. Well, she’s tired on loading it, ashes falling out and now I get to get the stove I wanted.”
We hear similar stories in our store as well.

I have never had a pretty stove. From the smoke dragon to the pellet stoves, then back to wood stoves. Two Englanders and now two Princess. They all ugly.
My wife doesn't care of the looks of them. That's my territory. At least we always stay warm regarless which on hearth. Maybe she is ok cause she still being the pretty one;). But what she doesn't know is that I am in love with the ugly ones;lol.

Reactions: webby3650
if only BK or any manufacturer could make a stove/insert that looks like the Valor L3 it would surly get my wife's approval for it to end up in our family room.

if only BK or any manufacturer could make a stove/insert that looks like the Valor L3 it would surly get my wife's approval for it to end up in our family room.
;lol;lol Just buy 3 Sirocco 25s and install them side by side without the surrounds. ::-)

Reactions: AlbergSteve
I have never had a pretty stove. From the smoke dragon to the pellet stoves, then back to wood stoves. Two Englanders and now two Princess. They all ugly.
My wife doesn't care of the looks of them. That's my territory. At least we always stay warm regarless which on hearth. Maybe she is ok cause she still being the pretty one;). But what she doesn't know is that I am in love with the ugly ones;lol.

I was once told that the ugly ones try harder!

Still not thrilled about the apparent fact that the epa rated btu output range on the yellow door hanger is actually fully bogus with zero regulation.

For humor, some manufacturer should claim an output range of zero to 1,000,000 btu.

Reactions: BKVP and lsucet
;lol;lol Just buy 3 Sirocco 25s and install them side by side without the surrounds. ::-)

Nice! Almost perfect idea if only I could rig up an on and off switch....