problem with smoke coming into the room

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Thank you for your thoughts. One main question we have had is why is it an issue this year-never had this problem in the past 10 years.
It probably just took that long to build up and cause a problem. Every burning season is different and the wood is different. I clean mine out at the end of the burn season and then 2 times every winter. I have a three story clay flue liner and I need to stay on top of chimney cleaning during the season. For me it's piece of mind to clean and inspect the system. Sometimes I get the glossy creosote, it doesn't take long and I can tell by the way the draft is functioning.
Welcome to Hearth. Good luck getting your stove back in top shape.

Wl have had the chimney cleaned every year. However I believe that no on has cleaned inside the stove. I agree that it probably just took this long for the stuff to build up. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.