Pushing a sooteater via VC encore bypass door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Diabel

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Anyone tried it? I know @bholler mentioned at one point last year that it is doable. I tried and my sooteater head will go through but not with the white (which is more flexible than black) attached, it will not so the 90*
Any ideas?

Anyone tried it? I know @bholler mentioned at one point last year that it is doable. I tried and my sooteater head will go through but not with the white (which is more flexible than black) attached, it will not so the 90*
Any ideas?
The Perkins rod and head do it pretty easily

Thank you
I assume these are the professional grade that you are using.
Yes I bet the white soot eater rods would work

I will try once more. Once the stove is cold. But last year I tried hard and could not push it through. It would be soooo much easier that disconnecting the telescopic pipe.

Anyone with non professional rods tried this?

It would be soooo much easier that disconnecting the telescopic pipe.
Telescoping pipe shouldn't be that hard to get off...unless its creosoted up?

Telescoping pipe shouldn't be that hard to get off...unless its creosoted up?
I know, but it would be much easier via bypass. And it is not full of gunk. But I feel I should do a sweep.