Pushing In More Wood.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely isn't over yet. I am always amused when I find drifts on the north side of the hill behind the camp in June. I suppose that is what keeps the spring pumping fresh tasty cold water out of the side of the hill year round.

It was just ofer 50F in the house this morning. I got in late last night and neglected to start a fire. I won't forget tonight!

It's been a ling time since i burned this steady in April.

Zap, you need that worse than we do so we are sending it all your way.

Backwoods Savage said:

Sav yes we do, water levels are down to what they usually are in July. Going back to pick some leeks tonight just in case we do get it.

zap

Backwoods Savage said:
+1 congrats Zap!

Zap, our water levels are also down a lot from what they usually are. Fields were getting terribly dry last week but the rain over the weekend helps. We also many times tend to get lots of rain in May so we'll see what happens. I'm planning on planting some corn tomorrow.

Sounds like pretty much the same deal up here in Ontario. They are talking about wet snow flurries here tomorrow and possible rain showers in the afternoon. We need a good soaking rain for a couple of days. We too, are down to july and august water levels. Most farms in this area have there field work well on the way to completion, and that is unheard of this time of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.