Quad 1200-I problems persist

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hans

Oct 16, 2006
Co
peoplepc.com
Previously posted. gave up, but I know there has to be a solution.
Pellets are good, 5/8 to 3/4 size, auger feeds good, cycles good, blower, exhaust and conbustion good,have fire for 25-30 min, then it just starts to shut down.
Everything works okay except it shuts itself off after the above mentioned time.
I've tried eveything I know and suggestions from forum members,
Maybe it needs a 1/2 stick with a short fuse.
And a different brand.
Any suggestions other than the latter.
Thx,
tomalh

Maybe high temp cutout (some sort of snap switch)
Be Green or MSG are more the ones you require
Just throwing it to the top :cheese:

Ok I just went through the electrical prints for the 1200I and your previous posts.
1) the manual calls for a 12 volt ac thermostat and your earlier posts mentioned it was a 12 millivolt t-stat.
2) The heat anticipator setting needs to be set as low as possible on this t-stat
3) I'll let the experts chime in on this one... is it possible for him to jump the t-stat out to see if he gets a longer burntime (only for troubleshooting purposes of course)

A standard 24 v thermostat should work fine. But to eliminate any doubt, try shorting out the thermostat terminals with a jumper. Does it still shut down after 30 minutes?

I think we talked about this, but check the thermocouple, make sure its all the way in the ceramic sleave, and the sleave is all the way in the pot were it belongs.
Make sure the stove is pluged in a grounded outlet
I would take the thermocouple out of the loop. Jump it for now.
I will PM you a good quad tech in Colorado.

MountainStoveGuy said:
I think we talked about this, but check the thermocouple, make sure its all the way in the ceramic sleave, and the sleave is all the way in the pot were it belongs.
Make sure the stove is pluged in a grounded outlet
I would take the thermocouple out of the loop. Jump it for now.
I will PM you a good quad tech in Colorado.

Appreciate the offer of (PM) a good tech in Co, send name and number if possible
From the turkey cooking and the company over the next few days, it will create enough heat or hot air for the next few days to keep a steady ambient temperature in the house. Then after the company leaves, I will get back to trying to fix this insert
Happy Thanks Giving Day
Tomalh
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.