Quadra-Fire Castile Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kbjelka

Feeling the Heat
Jul 10, 2008
Western CT
I am finally getting my Quad Castile on 10/1 after a 12 week wait. My nearest power outlet is about 8 feet from the right side of my hearth where the Castile cord plugs into the insert. Can it be plugged in to the left of the insert and if so will it reach? Also wondering what type of cable the thermostat uses. I am thinking of pre-wiring for the thermostat before the installers arrive. Final question, is the Castile compatable with any battery backup options?

Thanks to all who respond...

The cord probably won't reach. But there are good 6 ft., 3 prong extension cords at the local hardware store. We needed this for our insert. Use 2 wire thermostat or doorbell cable for the thermostat.

since you are having installers do the job wiring the thermostat should be included.....let them do the entire job...if there's a problem with the stove or thermostat you have recourse....

sister and brother in law also use extension cord....good luck...

Teddy1971 said:
I use a the CyberPower 850AVR UPS (http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/pr...category/intelligent-lcd-ups/CP850AVRLCD.html) to power my Mt Vernon AE. I especially like the fact that I can see the power consumption on the LCD screen. Once the stove is up and runnning the lcd states that it can run on battery for @ 60 minutes. You can pick one up from Amazon or Buy.com for about $100.

Not too sure this one will work as a power back up. The specs on the CB1200i require 800 watts min and the 850AVR is spec at 510 watts. The Castile has the same basic set up as the 1200i. I could not find the power specs on the Castile. I think the ignitor has a heavy load demand.

As I was recently reminded. Don't forget to use a surge suppressor to protect your electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.