Quadrafire 5100i ACT INSERT smoke billows when door open?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys. I have solved the issue, and it is not what I would have expected. I went up onto my roof and took mesh and cap off to find about 3 feet of straw packed into the chimney. I took a photo of what I pulled out with my hand, which was about 1 foot from the top of the liner. Since I had just had someone inspect and clean the chimney and paid them $200, I was shocked to find that they didn't even clear the birds nests from the chimney! Needless to say I said more than a few obscenities. I can't believe someone would do this poor of a job.

The name of the company I used is "Sygnatur Chimney Repair". I won't ever call them again and if I were you I would do so at your own risk.
https://plus.google.com/111969885205963540658/about?hl=en

I appreciate the help everyone added. Sorry for this wild goose chase I just didn't think this could possibly be the root cause. I am pissed about the $200 but glad I didn't start a serious fire.

photo.JPG

This sounds like another non-cleaning. There is no way a brushing would not have knocked that down the flue.

I hope you call them a let a few of those obscenities fly their way.

Looks like the answer has been found. Not much to be gained by going on.

Gonna close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.