Quadrafire Classic Bay, No Call Light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Is the exhaust fan coming on? Only other things are the #2 snap disc. #3 snap disc would shut power down to whole stove, stove, so that isn't it. Or wire connections, and finally the control box. kap

I think I was writing my last post at the same time you were. But yes, everything was firing up and appear to be working, it just wasn't feeding pellets. It could have been a jam which was fixed when I pulled the auger motor, but not sure why the auger motor wasn't turning until I put it back in place

If vac switch wasn't jumped, and hopper was empty, it wouldn't turn as there was no vacuum in firebox. Hope you got lucky and it stays running. Stay warm. kap

Reactions: jjk454ss
If vac switch wasn't jumped, and hopper was empty, it wouldn't turn as there was no vacuum in firebox. Hope you got lucky and it stays running. Stay warm. kap

That may have been an issue part of the time, but I also tested it with some pellets in the hopper and with the vacuum switch jumped. It could be that that first computer I got is bad. The second computer I got came with a nice little wire with two spade connectors on the end, so I know I used that to jump the vacuum switch and tested it that way. I did so much that I don't remember what I did and when anymore for sure though :) . I'm letting it run for a little bit right now, before I bring one of the computers back I will test the other one and see if it works with that one too.

Thanks again

Reactions: mralias
Just curious if you have the newer style CB1200 that has a hopper switch? Seems I read somewhere that the newer ones have hopper switches and if so were you testing with the hopper open? I know it's a reach but at this point I would really like to know why it is working now.

Just curious if you have the newer style CB1200 that has a hopper switch? Seems I read somewhere that the newer ones have hopper switches and if so were you testing with the hopper open? I know it's a reach but at this point I would really like to know why it is working now.

There is a switch on the hopper door. Appears to be inline with the vacuum switch though. But, I think that might be it because when I had the auger motor out I could close the hopper lid and I think that may have made the hopper door open. When the lid is raised the door leans open an in h or two, likely plenty for the switch to disengage. when i jumpered the vacuum switch it may have done nothing if the hopper door switch was not closed.

Good call, thank you

Reactions: mralias