Quadrafire Sapphire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skypager

Nov 20, 2005
Bucks County, PA
We don’t see many gas stove pictures here, so I thought I'd post a picture of the Quadrafire Sapphire we installed in my parent’s house. It vents off the rear with a snorkel cap on the outside. This will be their third winter using it. They heat their 3 bedroom ranch pretty well with it, only needing to turn on the electric baseboard in the bedrooms when they want to keep the doors closed.

They originally used a Garrison wood stove that was installed in another room if front of a fireplace to heat the house during the oil crisis. It was later installed in the basement and used occasionally. Now it sits there unused.

Next they installed a Vermont Castings pellet stove in spot where the Quad is now. It was used for about 10 years until it needed some new parts. (Combustion blower if I remember right.)

Once the pellet stove needed repair my father decided he was tired of lugging bags of pellets and they installed the Quad. They love it and so does Jake (Jack Russell).

(Ducking flying logs from the wood burning crowd)

Attachments

• 114_1433.JPG
    114_1433.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 865
Hey, here's to you from a happy gas burner! When you've burned woodstoves for 28 years (and often many at one time), a gas unit sure is nice!

Nice installtion, and beautiful dog - looks like a statue....

Here's my Rosie....can you tell she has royal blood? (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel).

Attachments

• rosie.jpg
    rosie.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 676
You don't see alot of freestanding gas stoves around here. I like that one, perfect fit for the room.

since we are posting dogs...

Attachments

• IMG_0636.JPG
    IMG_0636.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 660
Gunner,

Beautiful pic!

Craig,

Your girl looks like mine. SPOILED!

Josh,
Awesome pic!

Now, 2 things-
1. I will own a digital camera in the very near future.
2. Does anyone elses dog get "too close" to the stove? I have a gas wall heater, and last year my dog burned his ears when he fell asleep in front of it..

Jake hasn't burnt himself, but he sure gets warm. He'll lay there for a long time and then go and burrow inside his blanket. Its kinda funny... the smart dog that he is...he recognizes that the stove gets turned on by a remote control and as soon as someone picks it up he'll run over and sit in front of the stove. He's a little to smart for his own good though and he'll often run over and sit down if someone picks up the tv remote and then look at you like "well you gonna turn it on or not?".

Dog pictures...
Here is Max and Dagger, both lost this year,
I sure do miss those big lugs.

Attachments

• Max & Dagger cropped.jpg
    Max & Dagger cropped.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 517
Status
Not open for further replies.