ED 3000 Posted By ED 3000, Dec 6, 2018 at 12:56 PM

1. ED 3000

ED 3000
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 23, 2015
    Loc:
    Southeast PA
    My new gasket kit came with three sizes of gasket and a bottle of adhesive. No directions.

One goes on the door, one under the griddle top, one under the outlet pieces.

The middle sized one looks like there is metal thread woven into it.

Where do the three sizes go?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Bill L

Bill L
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 24, 2014
    Loc:
    South Kingstown, RI
    I just put new gaskets on a Vigilant I picked up, may be similar. The larger gasket is for the doors, the middle with the metal mesh is for the griddle. The small dia in my kit was for the glass panels in the doors, which I didn’t do. I also didn’t do the outlet, but I had leftover from the large diameter, may have been for the outlet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ED 3000 likes this.
  3. ED 3000

ED 3000
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 23, 2015
    Loc:
    Southeast PA
    I forgot about the glass.

Thank you for your response!

The griddle gets the most use, as I think most people load through it, the metal reinforcement makes sense.

I'll have to do some more research to figure out the outlet. It's causing me some trouble.

What adhesive did you use?

4. Bill L

Bill L
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 24, 2014
    Loc:
    South Kingstown, RI
    I used a tube of Imperial stove and gasket cement in a caulk gun, easier to lay a uniform bead than the squeeze tube that came with my kit.

5. ED 3000

ED 3000
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 23, 2015
    Loc:
    Southeast PA
    I was considering this, maybe even using high temperature rtv silicone. The squeeze tube is pretty small.