Ready for Next Winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smoke show

Bring on the cold
$699 for three 60 bag pallets plus 50 bags free

Attachments

• 04-25-09_1236.jpg
    04-25-09_1236.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 564
  • 04-11-09_1551.jpg
    04-11-09_1551.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 581
  • 04-25-09_1335.jpg
    04-25-09_1335.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 566
  • 04-25-09_1336.jpg
    04-25-09_1336.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 567
Wow. That's just about half what I'd have to pay. Greedy ****ers selling pellets locally... :mad:

Is that deal available to everybody or are you receiving special treatment ?

WOW :bug: That works out to something like $152/ton......what a deal. Can I ask what brand they are? I hope you've burned them before.

$699 for three 60 bag pallets=$3.88/bag
$0 for 50 free bags
deal is available to all stove customers
$219/60 bag pallet + $40 to join buyers club

no pane said:
$699 for three 60 bag pallets=$3.88/bag
$0 for 50 free bags
deal is available to all stove customers
$219/60 bag pallet + $40 to join buyers club

Yeah but you left out the most important thing.
Location, location, location. I'm guessing you
are in the Northwest with prices like that.
Very different out here in the Northeast.

Ne way, I say fark the cold. I'm all set for next season
too but........ Bring on the heat of summer!

cncpro said:
Wow. That's just about half what I'd have to pay. Greedy ****ers selling pellets locally... :mad:

Is that deal available to everybody or are you receiving special treatment ?

Well, FWIW, cncpro, i can tell you, that your local guys' costs are quite alot more that what the OP bought them at....and not a little more, ALOT more.

Yes, I am certain that is true...

But why is nobody shipping rail cars full of pellets to the NE at a bargain ?

I am no businessman but it seems that there must be some way to get quality pellets to the NE for a reasonable price...

the shipping of pellets to the northeast has been done before by rail, a couple of ways:

1. In bulk, by rail, and bagged in Palmer, MA (New England Wood Pellet did this)
2. Bagged, on skids, by boxcar

The problem was shipping. With the bagged product, an awful lot of product just got damaged during the trip, and when the dealer has to give another bag for a broken one, all it takes is several broken bags per pallet to consume any profit one might have made in selling the product. Dont forget, there's still shipping involved in getting them here, and someone has to unload the railcar at a reload, then it has to be loaded again on a truck, and shipped to the retailer, then unloaded again...all that costs money, obviously.

As for bulk product, the product sold out of the Palmer bagging plant was actually MORE, landed, than hardwood product out of Jaffrey.

zeta said:
Yeah but you left out the most important thing.
Location, location, location. I'm guessing you
are in the Northwest with prices like that.
Very different out here in the Northeast.

Ne way, I say fark the cold. I'm all set for next season
too but........ Bring on the heat of summer!
midwest

er...dont think I can get behind the 10-15% more heat, or the .04% ash, but they were a good pellet

I have tried a few different brands of softwood pellets in the past 3 years now, and
the NEWP Green Supreme bagged at the Palmer plant are my favorites by a mile.
Love em! High heat-Low ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.