real thinking about taking out my drolet heatmax

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bedrock1

Feb 5, 2015
harbour grace
I'm really thinking about taking out my drolet heatmax I'm sick of burning wood and won't heat my 1000sq/ ft house, don't know what to do with it anymore.

Still seems to me like there must be something not configured correctly that can be rectified. It doesn't make sense to me why one furnace won't work but so many others of the same basic design do. I believe you that it's not working for you, but I am guessing that you can get it figured out with a methodical approach. Last I heard in your other thread, you were waiting on the new snap disc. Has that helped? Have you checked off all of the suggestions provided in your other thread? If so, it might help if you can tell us the results or feedback on each one of the suggestions.

To keep things consolidated, I'll pay attention for updates on your original thread. (Not like I'm going to know the answer, but I'll try).

Still seems to me like there must be something not configured correctly that can be rectified. It doesn't make sense to me why one furnace won't work but so many others of the same basic design do. I believe you that it's not working for you, but I am guessing that you can get it figured out with a methodical approach. Last I heard in your other thread, you were waiting on the new snap disc. Has that helped? Have you checked off all of the suggestions provided in your other thread? If so, it might help if you can tell us the results or feedback on each one of the suggestions.

To keep things consolidated, I'll pay attention for updates on your original thread. (Not like I'm going to know the answer, but I'll try).
Hi tryed the new thermodisc same thing

If it's giving you all those problems, take it out. There's numerous folks heating twice the square footage with their's on a fraction of the wood. Personally I think it's operator error, or your house is at fault. I wouldn't fault the furnace if it can't do what the house demands. There's only so much someone can do over the internet.

If it's giving you all those problems, take it out. There's numerous folks heating twice the square footage with their's on a fraction of the wood. Personally I think it's operator error, or your house is at fault. I wouldn't fault the furnace if it can't do what the house demands. There's only so much someone my house is well insulated its a 1000sq /ft last night I had to turn on my propane fire place because it was only 13 degree in the house. I had wood furances all my life and this one blows my mind. I have a newmac wood furnace in my garage gives better heat then my drolet and my garage is not insulated

yeah, something isn't right. If it's truly burning that much wood it's making BTUs....where are they going is the question.

Do you have any past records of fossil fuel use? Use them to get an idea of what your house needs for heating.

Hi my father got a newmac wood furnace burning same wood because him and my sister
yeah, something isn't right. If it's truly burning that much wood it's making BTUs....where are they going is the question.

Do you have any past records of fossil fuel use? Use them to get an idea of what your house needs for heating.
I had a radiation furnace before t I put the drolet in and heated the house.

My father and sister are burning the same wood as me it was a 16 cord of wood,my sisters house is over 100 years old and heating her house,my father got a newmac and some times he has to open the window because its to hot. I did what everyone to do on the site still no difference its got my father puzzled why it won't heat my house. I'm after talking to SBI numerous time and they told me to check static pressure put dampers in duct work still no heat.

Have you checked off all of the suggestions provided in your other thread?
Maybe I missed it but I was wondering the same thing. Like if the draft was ever checked with a meter, or if the suggestion to try to mix in some kiln dried lumber was tried? A stove/furnace is just a machine, it's only gonna work only as good as its setup and operation allows it to. Running a top fuel dragster tuned by some AutoMart parts monkey, fueled on diesel and driven by a 16 year old that just got their permit is probably not gonna work out too well...
PM me, let me know what the price is if you are serious about selling.

Maybe I missed it but I was wondering the same thing. Like if the draft was ever checked with a meter, or if the suggestion to try to mix in some kiln dried lumber was tried? A stove/furnace is just a machine, it's only gonna work only as good as its setup and operation allows it to. Running a top fuel dragster tuned by some AutoMart parts monkey, fueled on diesel and driven by a 16 year old that just got their permit is probably not gonna work out too well...
PM me, let me know what the price is if you are serious about selling.
Its going to be next month before I get a meter sent to me, I tried dry 2x4 don't make any difference, why my furnace and my sister and father got lots of heat,I drop in a few furnace places today to see about getting someone to check the draft and static pressure they said they never heard of it

I drop in a few furnace places today to see about getting someone to check the draft and static pressure they said they never heard of it
:oops: :eek: !!! Holy cow! You sir are in serious need of some HVAC professionals in your area!

You haven't checked your draft & pressures yet? You should be able to get a Dwyer in a few days - or had one now if it was ordered last week. Did you order one? And where from? I am sure I got mine within a week, but I could be mistaken.

As was posted above, there is only so much that can be done over the internet, and with limited info posted that makes it that much harder. All pressures, and all temps everywhere (furnace out & in, ducts, flue pipe, etc..) need to be accurately measured. There is something fundamentally wrong here, somewhere - that thing should be roasting you out.

If it's giving you all those problems, take it out. There's numerous folks heating twice the square footage with their's on a fraction of the wood. Personally I think it's operator error, or your house is at fault. I wouldn't fault the furnace if it can't do what the house demands. There's only so much someone can do over the internet.[/qui
If it's giving you all those problems, take it out. There's numerous folks heating twice the square footage with their's on a fraction of the wood. Personally I think it's operator error, or your house is at fault. I wouldn't fault the furnace if it can't do what the house demands. There's only so much someone can do over the internet.
You haven't checked your draft & pressures yet? You should be able to get a Dwyer in a few days - or had one now if it was ordered last week. Did you order one? And where from? I am sure I got mine within a week, but I could be mistaken.

As was posted above, there is only so much that can be done over the internet, and with limited info posted that makes it that much harder. All pressures, and all temps everywhere (furnace out & in, ducts, flue pipe, etc..) need to be accurately measured. There is something fundamentally wrong here, somewhere - that thing should be roasting you out.
I live in Canada it will take 3-4 to get it

well wish i could help but im not a pro, all i have to say is i heat 2200sq ft -12 outside -35 windchills and i wake up after a 8 hour burn house at 66 somethings very wrong

I live in Canada it will take 3-4 to get it

I'm in Canada too. You mean 3-4 weeks? I'm pretty sure it took way less time than that to get mine - I'm thinking only a week. Where from? Did you try the place I linked in one of your other threads?

That was on eBay,I don't know where to now
You can't do ebay in Canada?
I live in Canada
Oh I was thinkin you were in Michigan when I said to contact me if you sell, never mind that now, shipping would kill me.
would static pressure have a big thing on heat
Certainly could...
well wish i could help but im not a pro, all i have to say is i heat 2200sq ft -12 outside -35 windchills and i wake up after a 8 hour burn house at 66 somethings very wrong
Yeah, if his place is only 1000 sq ft the Tundra should heat it with two windows left open!

Attachments

• IMG_20150219_245527336.jpg
    IMG_20150219_245527336.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_20150219_245451226.jpg
    IMG_20150219_245451226.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_20150219_245434347.jpg
    IMG_20150219_245434347.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_20150219_245348890.jpg
    IMG_20150219_245348890.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_20150219_245335802.jpg
    IMG_20150219_245335802.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 362
10 below 16 below windchill here right now and 71 degrees in my house with the tundra.

Bedrock your thinking all wrong you live in Canada where this stove is made, yet no one knows how to tune this stove so it will operate properly. You need to figure out how to do so and then start your own business. "Bedrocks Drolet Tundra tuner extrordinare" charge like 100 per hour for Wood Furnace Tuning. I don't own one but others on this site claim they work well so I'd say it can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.