• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jadambomb

May 15, 2018
Hingham, MA
Hello,

I have my two wood insert choices narrowed down two: The Regency i2400 and the Enviro Venice 1700. I really like most everything on the Enviro better, with one major exception: the fan/blower placement. On the Enviro Venice, I like the looks, the efficiency, and the larger viewing area better than the Regency. But my main concern with the Venice is the blower fan placement. I've read that it is extremely difficult to access and therefore a huge pain to maintain or replace. Apparently the fan is in the left shroud and getting the top off and then the four screws off of the fan assembly plate is incredibly difficult. Whereas the Regency fan just slides right out from underneath.

How important is the accessibility of the blower fan, when choosing an insert? For example, is this something I should be cleaning every year? If so, for that reason alone I might end of going with the Regency i2400. Any thoughts on these two inserts would be much appreciated. Especially in relation to the Venice fan placement and how often that might need to be accessed. Which one would you choose? Feel free to include other considerations as well: quality, warranty, customer service, looks, firebox size etc.

1. Enviro Venice 1700 or
2. Regency i2400

Thank you!