Replacing my Fisher papa bear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I checked out a few stoves today. I am now considering a Lopi Liberty or a Pacific Energy summit. The summit is about a 1000 cheaper. They both seem like really well made stoves. I don't think I could go wrong with either.

Have you considered keeping your Fisher (a proven, solid heater with absolutely zero maintenance needed) and just simply adding a baffle to it as detailed and outlined in Coaly's post in the Fisher Forum? Just a thought....

I did. I have cut the top off and added a much bigger baffle. I had intentions of adding secondary burn tubes but hasn't happened yet with work and the cold weather and all. I probably will still do it as I don't plan on selling the old Fisher. I posted a thread a while back about it. I'll see if I can dig it up.