Request for info on Central Boiler OWB

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

garz

Dec 11, 2010
SE Ill
I have an old (1992) Central Boiler that was missing the water level sight gauge.
I have purchased a new one, but have no idea where to mark it as to 'full"
Is there anyone here with a CL-17 who can supply me a measurement
(possibly from the fitting outlet) so I can mark the gauge?

When I had mine, there was not a mark on the glass marking full or add. What I would do is install the new glass, and then fill the boiler all the way up until water starts to flow out the vent cap on the top. Open the valve to the sight glass and just remember how high it goes. When you fire the boiler, the water will expand with the heat and some will flow out the vent cap. Just make sure that there is water in the glass when you check it, as you want to make sure the water level in the boiler is covering the top of the fire chamber. Also, I never left the valve open to the sight glass as I was always afaid that it would freeze in the winter. Others in my area left it on all the time without problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.