• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Su-Pe

Dec 21, 2017
St. Mary's Bank
Does anyone have an old Resolute II top griddle or know where I can purchase one?
I cannot locate one anywhere. I'm in the process of restoring a Vermont Castings Resolute II wood stove. I've built one stove from two fair/poor condition stoves. The stove in worse shape is a Resolute I. This has a griddle which sits on top of the stove and is not flush. The stove frame I'm restoring on is a Resolute II. This has a top griddle which sits flush with the top and is slightly small than the other. The one I need is slightly smaller than 13 3/4" in width. The larger one is 14". Again, I'm looking for the smaller one, so if your griddle is 14" it will not fit.
I have this smaller griddle already, but the previous owner drilled a hole through it to "Mickey Mouse" a screw to hold a broken bracket. They also painted the griddle. I'd like the new, raw cast iron flat griddle top in order to make it look as close to original as possible.

I’m still in search of a Vermont Castings Resolute top griddle. Just the griddle top.
The Resolute has three different tops. The griddle I’m looking for measures 13 5/8” x 8 5/8” (not including the small handle bump).
I’d like it to be the original smooth cast iron, unpainted and no rust. If someone has this please let me know.

Also looking for the front door wooden/metal handle (handle shaped like a U). This is incidental, I fabricated one from an aluminum bar, but I'd like the original if someone has one of these as well.

-Jeff