Sandy scrounge update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JBNJ

Nov 27, 2012
Northwest New Jersey
This is what I've cut and hauled of (mostly) Sandy downed wood thus far. This is about half of what's in the immediate vicinity that I'm still working on getting. Trying to get permission from the neighbor across the road who has probably, and I'm not exaggerating, 30+ trees downed from the storm.

Pile is mostly Black Locust, Cherry and Black Walnut. One big Hickory and one big Oak mixed in there too and on that I think is Hackberry.

Have the whole week off between Christmas and NY so I should be able to get a bit done!

Oh, and the helper is Magnus. He really enjoys photobombing my firewood shots.

8222354651_7a37dd83c5_c.jpg8223427058_0351de1b03_c.jpg

Glad to see some goodness out of that event. Nice doggy:) too...

Nice !!

I've got a similar situation, so many trees down, and most pushed to the side for now. You just keep working at it, and you'll be wayyyyy ahead !!

Hats off to Magnus for helping, like a good dog should !! ** as opposed to my Murphy who tries to eat what ever wood chips he can, the little bastard :mad:**

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Lots of work stacked/piled up .
Should stay busy & out of trouble for the off week
Looks like fun :)

Will be looking for the split & stacked pictures :)

Reactions: ScotO
Sharp looking Rubicon.

Welcome to the forum JBNJ.

Good for you getting the wood now. If you can get it cut to length, split and stacked, a lot of that wood might be ready to burn next year. It's also difficult to get too much.

I don't think there is such a thing as "too much" when it comes to free firewood ;).

Thanks FireFighterJake; it's been a true workhorse. Virtually every one of the 50+ logs in that pile where skidded out of the woods with it.

Will update the pics once I have had a few days to whack away at it. Trying to up Magnus's production from one stick an hour to two or three.

Status
Not open for further replies.