Saving on wood again this year. So far anyway. What's your temp?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much 40's and 30's here this week.

Low 60's for CT. I might start one tonight because the temp is dropping a bit due to Sandy and I have limited power. Fires make good natural light!

Hasn't been bad in NH yet - burning at most a small load per day in the morning to take the chill out of the house. Earlier October was cooler than the second half I think - I've burned all of my chunks and uglies - now I'm into about a 1/2 cord of 3 year old small oak rounds - doesn't take many to get a nice hot fire. Should have plenty for another couple of weeks - haven't pulled a stick out of the 5 cord in the barn set aside for winter. I think I'm burning about normal though. Cheers!

I think you just like playing with fire. I slept with the windows open last night.... no joke.. your right early october was cooler, i havent had a fire in about 2 weeks, and 2 weeks ago I was having a small fire about every other night

currents during sandy were strange. we hit 39 in southern maryland while my brother in upstate n.y. near the mass vermont line was at 59. now its around 51 and getting back to normal. with the power out, i had to start up my little jotul almost a month early. i don't normally do it until i get back from deer season towards the end of nov-early december

cass

Status
Not open for further replies.