Score!! I Love Craig's List

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is awesome. I have an old snowblower that would serve that role perfectly and I have an area I need to scrounge wood where that would really come in handy. I'd like to see more photos of that one or ones like it. Got any links?

I'll see what I can dig up...

The only thing I worry about with the snowblower idea is the drive systems are usually just a friction disc setup. Not the most robust system invented. Brakes?

It is a friction disc set up, however I can put 18 cu ft of Oak in it and it will pull all day long. It has yet to slip. It was an Ariens 9hp 36" brush before it's "red neck" x-formation.

This is the only other pic I could dig up...

Attachments

• Cart const.jpg
    Cart const.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 205
I use a 10CF wheelbarrow tub on my walk behind ZTR mower. I never thought of the snowblower but looks like it works like a champ!!!!!

This is the only other pic I could dig up...
Great, thanks. I have an older but sturdy, good running Toro 7hp that I'm going to try to use to do something similar. I picked up a big yard cart cheap in the local Traders Guide that might serve as a bed,
125430_lg.jpg
and the local Harbor Freight has 10" pneumatic casters on sale. I'll just need a heavier frame around the base of the yard cart to mount the casters and attach to the snow blower frame.

Harbor freight is where my casters are from, too bad you're not closer I've got another length of that "c" channel here.

...You might be surprised to find those can be carried out in 4' sections without that much work. Stand the log up straight and bend the knees. As you start to lift the log, swing it onto the shoulder. It will seem lighter carrying it that way. We've carried many through muddy spots. The wagon and/or wheelbarrow also will work for you. However you decide, good luck.

If you can't get a garden cart /wagon or wheelbarrow in there I think this is a great simple way to speed the carrying. Just be carefull with your steps and limber-up a bit before you start. Slipping or stumbling with a load on your shoulder is a good way to wrench your low back (he said from experience).

That is until someone to posts their Redneck woodhauling hover-craft bodged from an old leaf blower and inner-tube...:eek:

Reactions: Realstone
That is until someone to posts their Redneck woodhauling hover-craft bodged from an old leaf blower and inner-tube...:eek:
Oh great - like I need another project

Reactions: BrianK
Status
Not open for further replies.