Setting up for NEXT year....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TriTodd said:
soupy1957 said:
I know I have enough room on my 1/2 acre.........it's just doing the layout in a reasonable fashion that I'm concerned about.

-Soupy1957

See, there is the problem. My wife and I define "reasonable" differently.

Seems like only her version counts in the end, and I don't know if I would even call it "reasonable" at all.

soupy1957 said:
Ain't THAT the truth!!!!! It's about what works well, (so I'm not putting mud footprints across the backyard in the "mud" season)

Both of my sheds and the heap are accessible by asphalt/stone. Easy on the snow blower, drains well, truck can get to it, tractor doesn't make a mess of the area, etc. Even stacking nearly 10 ft tall, the wife still thinks there is wood everywhere. Not sure how you get around that one.

SolarAndWood said:
Even stacking nearly 10 ft tall, the wife still thinks there is wood everywhere. Not sure how you get around that one.
The way to get around that is expensive.
They say marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand.

TriTodd said:
See, there is the problem. My wife and I define "reasonable" differently.
If you two cannot reason it out, it's not reasonable.

LLigetfa said:
SolarAndWood said:
Even stacking nearly 10 ft tall, the wife still thinks there is wood everywhere. Not sure how you get around that one.

Married to an attorney...

SolarAndWood said:
LLigetfa said:
SolarAndWood said:

Married to an attorney...

no way around it she right! wood is everywhere..

Here's 4 1/2 cords along the property line of my 1/4 acre.
DSC05907.jpg

I have about the same stack at the other end of the line too. This is it back in September, before I finished it.
DSC05909.jpg

It is all on pallets. Three rows, four feet deep, about 5 feet high and as long as will fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.