Shasta Vent Double Wall Stainless Chimney pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

KNKN

Oct 11, 2011
Ohio
Looking for any reviews of this stuff. Has anyone used it? Its quite a bit cheaper than than the others. I cant find any reviews anywhere.

Probably marketed under several different names.

Any idea of the other names?
It looks like it is a european product that was just recently brough to the american market. It may be a good product buy personally i wouldnt want to be a guinea pig.

I was thinking of the Rockvent pipe that is marketed under several names all the same pipe. I checked and it doesnt look like your pipe.

I was thinking of the Rockvent pipe that is marketed under several names all the same pipe. I checked and it doesnt look like your pipe.
Rockvent looks like it is ventis pipe from olympia chimney supply.

I broke down and called them. The President of the company answered. He was pres of Duravent for many years and is very knowledgeable and was very helpful. I think I am convinced enough to try it. Northlineexpress also had very good things to say about it and it will save me $5-700.

I broke down and called them. The President of the company answered. He was pres of Duravent for many years and is very knowledgeable and was very helpful. I think I am convinced enough to try it. Northlineexpress also had very good things to say about it and it will save me $5-700.
My question is how can they provide a product of equal quality at that much of a discount? Where are they cutting corners to beat even the low end stuff?

It may be a very good product that could shake up the market but i wouldnt be one of the first to try it.

Reactions: switepine
Did he indicate what country the product is made in?

Did he indicate what country the product is made in?

Yes. But its the same place that about 80% of everything else I own is made too... He also mentioned the strict UL requirements and tests it passed and the fact that its made of 304 stainless inner and outer wall and laser welded.

Anyways. Anything is better than the rusted out double wall 20+ year old air cooled junk its going to replace.

Reactions: Ludlow
Yes. But its the same place that about 80% of everything else I own is made too... He also mentioned the strict UL requirements and tests it passed and the fact that its made of 304 stainless inner and outer wall and laser welded.

Anyways. Anything is better than the rusted out double wall 20+ year old air cooled junk its going to replace.
Which is where?

And yes it may be better than what you have. But if it doesnt hold up you may be replaving it pretty quickly

That explains the price and tells me i will not be installing it. I dont trust their quality control at all judging by the few Chinese products we have in the industry here.

I looked it up. Says made in USA all over the page. Not any cheaper really than the Supervent sold at Lowes and Menard's.

I looked it up. Says made in USA all over the page. Not any cheaper really than the Supervent sold at Lowes and Menard's.
I am not seeing this in their catalog or website. What I see is " Sold in Europe for years, and now offered in America..."

It is literally within a dollar per foot of Supervent.

Yes and what about the components? That is where your money is. And supervent is already one of the low end cheaper lines anyway. Compare it to one of the high quality lines.

I found Supervent components to be pretty good myself. Locking bands were adequate at best though.

I found Supervent components to be pretty good myself. Locking bands were adequate at best though.
What other brands have you worked with as a comparison? The problem i have with it is that lock. I have had it come apart while cleaning multiple times in different houses.

'
The Supervent is 304 Stainless Steel and 430 outer. The Shasta is 304 inner and 304 outer. 304 stainless is supposed to be better and more rust proof than 430 from my research. I guess the question is 304 from China worse than 430 from america? I would also be curious if American pipe builders purchase American or China steel? That would be hard to find out.