Should I replace my current stove with an airtight stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The old stove has treated us well, but most of the heat seems to go up the chimney rather than stay in the house. Kept us decently warm I guess.

We're having the new stove installed today - I'll keep you posted on how everything goes! The new stove is actually coming from an elderly lady who says she bought the wrong stove, she wanted a stove in her house that would mostly be for looks and not for heating purposes. So she wants to swap hers with ours. Seems very kind of her.
You sir are one lucky dog!

Ray

The old stove has treated us well, but most of the heat seems to go up the chimney rather than stay in the house. Kept us decently warm I guess.

We're having the new stove installed today - I'll keep you posted on how everything goes! The new stove is actually coming from an elderly lady who says she bought the wrong stove, she wanted a stove in her house that would mostly be for looks and not for heating purposes. So she wants to swap hers with ours. Seems very kind of her.
I'd put a pipe damper in that old coot.She might be a little of balance because that new stove looks way better than the older one to me.

Think of the new epa approved modern stoves as smoke burners.;)

More heat in burning smoke gases plus its a cleaner burn and wood usage goes down by at least 1/3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.