Should I Retire?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My joint has an incentive in place for my retirement....on September 30th, 2037. ;hm

Just don't ever wish to be older just so you can be retired. Trust me on this.

Reactions: PapaDave
Just don't ever wish to be older just so you can be retired. Trust me on this.

Wish it away or not, I find it happens one day at a time. Even at that rate, I periodically find myself feeling surprised that I am where I am :oops:

You ain't gonna believe what happens next. >>

Reactions: firebroad
Reactions: begreen
Reactions: begreen and pen
I just hope you don't ever have to say,
"Welcome to Walmart!"

or, "I should have retired sooner!" ;lol

Congrats to you.

My eldest starts college next year, so... we have at least another decade of rock-and-roll around here.

The question is..will BeGreen's post frequency go up or down after retirement? ;lol

The question is..will BeGreen's post frequency go up or down after retirement? ;lol

It can't go up!
The guy is like Babe Ruth. No one is going to come close to the record unless they use performance enhancing drugs....and then the quality is likely to suffer...

Reactions: firebroad
I will be on sabbatical from time to time as I intend to do some traveling. Some of it will be stove related, so field reports are possible.

I will be on sabbatical from time to time as I intend to do some traveling. Some of it will be stove related, so field reports are possible.
So in other words you will be reporting from the road via laptop and wi-fi from your motor home. Frequency may go up;lol Have "mod" will travel
Please observe the no posting while driving restrictions.

I suspect that some travel will be abroad in areas where the internet and flush toilets are a luxury.

Reactions: Frozen Canuck
Reactions: becasunshine
God bless you! Enjoy!

Today was last day. Weird leaving the place after 30 years.

Enjoy! I have to laugh at this thread because my parents were up last week and my mom said that she's trying to get my dad to "retire." He retired from UPS five years ago after 25 years humping boxes and driving a truck, but after that he kicked his side business of repairing, buying, and selling OPE into high gear and now he's busier than when he was punching a clock five days a week ;lol The thing is he loves his "job" now so it doesn't really feel like work anymore.

Reactions: becasunshine
Today was last day. Weird leaving the place after 30 years.

Congratulations. I hear you man. I stepped off April 1. It will feel odd for awhile. Decades long habits are hard to break.

Status
Not open for further replies.