smoked my saw (ms460mag)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oilstinks said:
the guy set it to run a little fat at 12000 he said it would lean out when under a load. Im not so sure about that. Dunno never claimed to be an expert though.

stock is 13500 muff modd and or port work would put in in the 14500 range mine is ported and run it a little fat at 14200

taxidermist said:
I would say aged gas with meth caused the lean out? How old was the fuel?

in my experience gas with meth is worse than small pox any day. and a whole lot easier to score.

ive never seen methanol gas around here but we do have ethenol same? diff? either way i try to stick w/pure gas on small engines.

oilstinks said:
ive never seen methanol gas around here but we do have ethenol same? diff? either way i try to stick w/pure gas on small engines.

You know what I ment

Here is what a 038 looked like after to much sawdust got in past the filter...

DSC03469.jpg

the piston looks good..Compared to the cylinder that is....

DSC03471.jpg

DSC03470.jpg

I would look at the bearings,,Also was there anything at the bottom of the case???

I wasnt being a smarty taxidermist i really didnt know ive heard those terms thrown around a lot.

oilstinks said:
I wasnt being a smarty taxidermist i really didnt know ive heard those terms thrown around a lot.

Meth and eth both kill!!!!! one kills brain cells and the other kills engines Both no good!!!!

ethanol probably kills brain cells also if used in excess, but tastes good in various forms.
causes stupid stuff (eg: 'hold my beer and watch this.....') in excess also.

I just don't like it in my fuels.

Status
Not open for further replies.