Snow blower not blowing

To find out, I'll need to drain the gas, flip it over, and get in there. Fortunately I have the manual that is pretty descriptive with both words and drawings. Now I just need a little gumption, and to find my 14mm socket...
I put some Saran wrap (something close) under the gas cap. just while I stand it on the blower housing

maple1

Minister of Fire
Sep 15, 2011
Nova Scotia
Things always got ugly whenever I tipped engines over or up. The engine oil would go all over the place. Sometimes out the crank vent tube and right into the carb. Maybe I tipped the wrong direction.

Easy Livin’ 3000

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2015
SEPA
Things always got ugly whenever I tipped engines over or up. The engine oil would go all over the place. Sometimes out the crank vent tube and right into the carb. Maybe I tipped the wrong direction.
I agree. I always expect a mess when I'm flipping gas engines over, and am seldom disappointed.

Easy Livin’ 3000

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2015
SEPA
I always drain the oil and gas if I am going to flip them. If it runs I will do that first before draining the oil so I get more out and turn the engine over a couple times by hand.
This is the exact right way to do it. A few extra steps, and eliminate the problems proactively. I appreciate that you said it, it's excellent advice. And so easy to skip.

I have a siphon for the gas, but I need a better system for handling the hoses on either end. I'll look for a drain plug for the oil, hopefully it has one that's actually useful.

Easy Livin’ 3000

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2015
SEPA
I got a pneumatic air brake bleeder from HF, it also works great at sucking up fluids into a container. If in a pinch I will snake the vacuum line down the dipstick tube and suck out the oil that way.
I'll look into the bleeder. Seems like a better way.