So how much have you burned this season so far?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
7 bags, 2 stoves

Bag #6 in the hopper

Just put bag one in. The hopper was full from end of last season. Not cold enough yet for more than a 2 hr burn.

Unsure. I'm thinking 5, possibly 6 bags. Its 80° in here, and the Sandman is softly calling my name...

20 Bags of 'Maine Choice'
Running in Harman PF100, heating 5400sq ft. 2700 main house and another 2700 in basement/garage. Temp at 74 on thermometer in house and 74 on harman thermostat. Heating since October 1st up here in Maine.
A lot better than my Oil system....This furnace is great!

Still too early in some parts to ask!
Maybe one bag...
I still have my first load in the hopper (60lb).

Bill

Bag #4....GreenTeam Just to take the chill off.....

Bags 7 & 8 in the hopper now. Stove is off. Been doing some experimenting with new CAB50. Probably would have burned 3 or 4.
(North Mass.)

Bags 7 & 8 in the hopper now. Stove is off. Been doing some experimenting with new CAB50. Probably would have burned 3 or 4.
(North Mass.)
Burned 3 or 4? Tons or Bags? How is yours running? How much are you using so far for what duration of run time and what setting (feed rate and Blower).

Burned 3 or 4? Tons or Bags? How is yours running? How much are you using so far for what duration of run time and what setting (feed rate and Blower).

3 - 4 bags. Bag 12 in hopper last night. It's running great haven't misfired since that one time. My feed gate is 1/2 open burning Green Supreme, this keeps the flame at the recommended height. I run on high always. Connected to an auto set back T-stat. 70::F when home 66::F when at work or retired for the night. Stove is in basement connected to a center chimney. I leave the stairway door open and the floor grilles in the back room actually work as air return to cellar, the heat pours up the stairway. This keeps 1st and 2nd floors at 68::F when home and 64::F when gone. I'm burning less than a bag a day. Heating 3000 sq. ft.

(North Mass.)
I work at home so here 24/7. Trying to find the happy medium. With oil we used to keep the house at 67 and that was a little chilly. Our house is 1500 sq ft and med kept it at 70 on the lower level. What thermostat do you have? How long do you think your stove runs total in 24 hrs? 10 hrs about a half bag on med. Flame on the low side but peaks about 4-6 when it's given a lot of fuel.

I work at home so here 24/7. Trying to find the happy medium. With oil we used to keep the house at 67 and that was a little chilly. Our house is 1500 sq ft and med kept it at 70 on the lower level. What thermostat do you have? How long do you think your stove runs total in 24 hrs? 10 hrs about a half bag on med. Flame on the low side but peaks about 4-6 when it's given a lot of fuel.

I have the Honeywell #RTHL2310. I haven't kept track on total run time and I can't hear it when I'm on the 1st floor. The Tstat when set at 70 will heat to 70 or 71 shut stove down and call for heat at 69. At 66 it will heat to 66 or 67 and call for heat at 65. I did set the feed gate to 1/4 open at one time and the flame went below pot level to 3 or four inches above so I set to 1/2 open. Sometimes It will flame to 10 inches but usually in 4 - 8 inch range.

I've burned about 1/2 ton. Kind of surprised me that it is so much, but I have the oil thermostat set to "off".
Just found out that the minimum on oil for a fixed price contract is 500 gallons. I don't think I will use that much. Oh well.

I have the Honeywell #RTHL2310. I haven't kept track on total run time and I can't hear it when I'm on the 1st floor. The Tstat when set at 70 will heat to 70 or 71 shut stove down and call for heat at 69. At 66 it will heat to 66 or 67 and call for heat at 65. I did set the feed gate to 1/4 open at one time and the flame went below pot level to 3 or four inches above so I set to 1/2 open. Sometimes It will flame to 10 inches but usually in 4 - 8 inch range.
Now do you see the flame constant at 4-6 inches or so? And yours is on high all the time? Wow! killer for you! Loving pellet heat. Just trying to find my comfort spot as to what works the best and most efficient use of fuel. Thanks for the info on the T-stat. I'm getting one with an adj swing and programmable. Where is your thermostat in relationship to your stove? Thanks for all the info and help!!!

Now do you see the flame constant at 4-6 inches or so? And yours is on high all the time? Wow! killer for you! Loving pellet heat. Just trying to find my comfort spot as to what works the best and most efficient use of fuel. Thanks for the info on the T-stat. I'm getting one with an adj swing and programmable. Where is your thermostat in relationship to your stove? Thanks for all the info and help!!!

Tstat is in behind the stove on the other side of the room, so stove blows away from it. I get a good even temperature this way. The basement is wide open, no partitions.

What height is your flame steady at at 1/2 open on medium? When they say in the book that the flame should be 4-8 inches on high, is that constant or just peaking? Curious. Trying placement scenarios with my thermostat. If in the same room it cycles too much. Around the corner of the opening of the room it is in it cycles for long times and sometimes doesn't get to temp to cycle so playing with the temperature setting. Any info?

Status
Not open for further replies.