So how much have you burned this season so far?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Number 3 of 6 settings? I have low med and high and then the adjustment of the feed. Currently almost low feed as you can go as I said and med. Just going to keep it running. Especially the next 2 days. Full clean on Sunday. My first year. Love the pellet heat. My family too. High 70's upstairs and low 70's downstairs. Have to figure what works best for the house and the stove etc.

My St Croix has a 1-6 selector and in each setting the feed and fan are pre determined by the control board. Select one and the board does the rest i can fine tune my feed rate on the back of my board with little adjusters. For diff sized pellets or corn.

Yes pellet heat is nice it was a bit of an adjustment coming from wood heat previous years but my Wife and I have come to enjoy pellet heat jut as well as wood heat, but to be honest deep down i still am envious of wood heat.....shhhhhhh

My St Croix has a 1-6 selector and in each setting the feed and fan are pre determined by the control board. Select one and the board does the rest i can fine tune my feed rate on the back of my board with little adjusters. For diff sized pellets or corn.

Yes pellet heat is nice it was a bit of an adjustment coming from wood heat previous years but my Wife and I have come to enjoy pellet heat jut as well as wood heat, but to be honest deep down i still am envious of wood heat.....shhhhhhh
My husband too! I wouldn't be able to enjoy the living room if we had a wood stove. It would be a 100 in there!

Reactions: openat60
How many of us run their stoves 24/7 without cycling with a tstat?

Where's the dead center of the Catskills

Upstate New York. sitting at about 2200ft. Beautiful southern exposure but get that wicked north wind up the valley through the pass.

How many of us run their stoves 24/7 without cycling with a tstat?

I jumped my tstat...cut the power chord and installed a box and switch on the apron of my window next to the stove. you can jsut make it out in the pic.
photo.jpg

How do you like your green supreme? I have a few bags of those. Burning Made in Maine premium hardwood from tc. Burns well. How hot do the green supreme burn and how much ash are you getting?

I have no complaints with the GS right now, (late Dec. & Jan. will be another story), I get a good white flame and the heat is decent. I could go 5 days before cleaning the fire box but I clean every 4 if I have the chance.

When did you get your CAB50? How much have your burned this season and from what date? I have a ceiling fan behind me in this picture but I don't use it too often because I actually feel chillier in than when it's on. I've made sure its moving the air in the correct direction. Maybe that will help it to cycle better by pulling more air. I'm going to try that tonight. I want to conserve how much fuel I have and not have to buy more. I think this will be a colder winter than last year. The tstat is to the right side of our living room entrance. So it is not in direct line with the stove. View attachment 83224

Got it late Sep. I burned a few bags at night after installing just to check out. My basement has no heat other than the CAB. For Oct. thru this AM I've burned 40 bags.
How are your temps on the upper level and other areas of the house?

60 Bags

42 bags.

I did not fire up the stove until the 24th of October and am on my 8th bag of pellets. I just shut the stove down for the day, as the sun is shining and the temperature in the house is up to 74°.

Just loaded bag 27 in the PF100 this afternoon. The wife loves the house at 74.

just dumped bag # 23 in this morning....been cold as hell over here his week....house @ 71 comfy....

Just loaded bag 27 in the PF100 this afternoon. The wife loves the house at 74.
27 bags and it's December 1st with a house the size of yours at 74 and a PF100???!!!! I must be doing something wrong. My house is sitting 68 -70 and since October 7, I've burned 60 bags of MWP softies.

Started oct 15. Used 33 so far

33 bags so far. Last night went down to 18 with a high today of 25. We had a cold breeze and flurries all day. 70 in the house and I just used one bag in 24 hours.

27 bags and it's December 1st with a house the size of yours at 74 and a PF100???!!!! I must be doing something wrong. My house is sitting 68 -70 and since October 7, I've burned 60 bags of MWP softies.
Ejectr I am only heating 1400 sq feet of a house that was insulated to Canadian standards. I also face east and get sun in through the windows most of the day. I will admit that the furnace is also heating my basement to 60 - 65. I think I fired her up right around the same time you did maybe a week later.

See my sig.

37 bags since Oct 24. So far medium on almost as low as you can go is maintaining well right now keeping the house at 70 even in mid 20's outside. We'll see as it gets colder. Burning Made in Maine Hardwood from TSC. Trying 3 bags of Green Supreme from HD (blend hardwood and softwood). Any reviews on Green Supreme. My father has just gotten his Quadrafire Classic bay 1200i. He is burning with these for the price and because *I* was told they burned good. He is getting alot of ash buildup in his burn pot. I believe even might have caused a shut down. I told him he is just going to have to clean it every day or every other day. I'm going to give him a couple of bags my hardwood and see how the ash content and how it burns for him.

Ash build up in a 1200??? No way!! How tall is his vent? Is it 3" or 4" liner?

Oh and Green Supremes are a shoulder pellet at best. Do a search up top. Not very many good reviews. Not many at all.......

Im at 26 bags. Have not burned much this week. Been quite warm actually.

3 inch liner...all the way up 17 ft. The next time I'm over I'm going to take a picture and post it. I feel bad for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.