St Croix exhaust blower motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesdjs

Dec 6, 2008
western MA
I'm looking to find the cheapest price for a St Croix Pepin exhaust blower motor. Mines starting to screech. I have to take it out tomorrow and see if I can clean and oil it up.
In case that doesn't work anyone know where I can purchase a Fasco blower?
The part # on mine is 7021-9457
115vac 60hz .8A
Type U21B

St Croix part # is 80P2001

Let me know if anyone knows a good price for one.
Thanks

Mine responded quite nicely to a thorough cleaning and a few drops of oil...

were did you put the oil? seeing more and more problems with st. croix, and just had an issue with mine.

magsf11 said:
were did you put the oil? seeing more and more problems with st. croix, and just had an issue with mine.

Top of the motor shaft... most of the problems are related to dirty stoves...

krooser said:
magsf11 said:

Top of the motor shaft... most of the problems are related to dirty stoves...
I took it apart yesterday and oiled up the top of the motor shaft. Cleaned it off.
Wasn't much ash on the impeller. The leaf blower took most of that off.
Put it back in and its been running.
Didn't see a way to oil the bottom bearings on the motor.
Has any one bought the A082 replacement blower?
Does it fit right in?

I also dribbled some oil on the motor shaft under the fan... is it quiet now?

krooser said:
I also dribbled some oil on the motor shaft under the fan... is it quiet now?
Its quiet now but I wonder how long it will last.
Would a new blower and motor be even more quiet than the original?

Mine was noisy but it's been silent for over a month....

jamesdjs said:
I'm looking to find the cheapest price for a St Croix Pepin exhaust blower motor. Mines starting to screech. I have to take it out tomorrow and see if I can clean and oil it up.
115vac 60hz .8A
Type U21B

Thanks

Did you happen to get any news on where to purchase a motor? Mine started doing the exact same thing this morning. I have the exact motor in my St Croix stove

dc2697 said:
jamesdjs said:
115vac 60hz .8A
Type U21B

Thanks

Did you happen to get any news on where to purchase a motor? Mine started doing the exact same thing this morning. I have the exact motor in my St Croix stove

I believe he oiled it and the noise is gone...

Just a note on oiling motors. DO NOT USE 3in1 OIL!It will wash away any lubricant that may be in the bearings and spell a slow death of the bearings. Use a lube made for bearings, they can be found at most heating supply stores and also electric motor dealers. I use TRI-FLOW SUPERIOR LUBRICANT w/ P.T.F.E. and with its zoom spout you can reach some tight spots. I learned the hard way years ago !! Just throwing it out there to save a few motors and some green backs. Wi Thundercat :coolsmile:

dc2697 said:
jamesdjs said:
115vac 60hz .8A
Type U21B

Thanks

This place was the lowest price I saw. $83 and change plus shipping.
http://www.cshincorporated.com/product_info.php/products_id/3462
Mines still running OK We'll see when I shut it down for cleaning.

Let me know if you purchase one and what was the quality.

I took off my blower motors which were EXTREMELY dirty and blew them off with my air compressor very good then put a small amount of JB penetrating oil on the bearings, out it back together and the noise was gone. Seems to work fine. Actually I have had my St. Croix stove going on 3 years her in Michigan and did not know this blower was back there until i called the dealer. I will be cleaning it annually from now on. Seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for you input!

Status
Not open for further replies.