State of the Wood Burning Industry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They certainly do. I was referring to the cost of government built into manufacturing here.

They have to... because the cost of living here is higher.

Their higher wages are also built into the cost of the stoves as well as the cost of government which is built into the cost of manufacturing... just like the cost of government is built into every other product as well as every service purchased by consumers.
Still not explaining how englander makes better stoves here at the same price point

The real answer is obvious.

Those countries with the largest bureaucracies are desired most by people who failed to govern themselves.
But the fact stands that the countries with the highest standards of living have larger governments and more regulations.

Also are you going to explain to us how you became prosporous in the US all by yourself with no help from anyone or anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
Heading off into the weeds here folks.
download.jpg

Reactions: Ashful
But the fact stands that the countries with the highest standards of living have larger governments and more regulations.

Also are you going to explain to us how you became prosporous in the US all by yourself with no help from anyone or anything?

Who is "us"?

Yes, I'll explain... but just briefly because as begreen said, this has headed ~way~ off topic.

Not from anyone or from anything... just with no help from the government. Instead of going into debt for a government education I apprenticed with an independent private sector contractor, then I started my own business from scratch. My net worth is seven figures and zero debt.

Who is "us"?

Yes, I'll explain... but just briefly because as begreen said, this has headed ~way~ off topic.

Not from anyone or from anything... just with no help from the government. Instead of going into debt for a government education I apprenticed with an independent private sector contractor, then I started my own business from scratch. My net worth is seven figures and zero debt.
What government education? I didnt go into debt for my education either i had a full ride. I started a cabinetry company that i built up for 14 years untill my father needed help. I sold that buisness and partnered with my father. But guess what i went to public school. I drive on public roads i have benifitted in many many ways from our government. And so have you. So dont act all high and mighty we are not all up to our teeth in debt.

Reactions: WoodyIsGoody
Right, built a business without help from any govt. $$, except for the roads that were driven on, the postal service that delivered bills, parts and contracts, the police and firemen the protected assets, the schools that educated the workers, the garbage that went to the county landfill, the safe water that was available and blah blah blah. This is ash can territory, but the ash can is gone so zipping this one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.