Stihl 036 IPL?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StihlHead

Anyone have a pdf version of the Stihl 036 IPL? I have the MS360 IPL and 034/034 Super IPL which are similar, but not an 036 IPL. I also have the service manual for the 034-036. I happened upon a really sweet and clean low hour 036 PRO model for a good price (CAD has returned after being dormant for a while).

Will post photos and brag about it on another thread...

Last edited by a moderator:
Screw that.. We need photos here. :) why tease me and make me subscribe.

Plus, I love me an 036 Pro

Photos coming. I pulled the plug and it was a perfect tan. So carb tuning is fine. Pulled the chain and the bar has only been used on one side. The top side is virginal, so I flipped it. The bar code sticker is nearly untouched. The white dot on the muffler is still visible. The muffler is an empty box, so no need to modify it (much). It runs LOUD stock. I thought maybe the saw had 50 hours on it, but I think its more like 30. It came with 5 skip loops. 3 are new, one is 3/4 there but rocked, and one is 3/4 shot. I also came with a case and the original booklet (that has drop starting as the second option).

I cleaned it up and its perty. Now part of my stable. I looked at your sig file and I though it was mine! Many of the same stoves and saws.

Yah, it worked perfectly and I was able to download it to my Stihl library. It is also *exactly* what I was looking for.

You are a ROCK STAR!

Geez, these have as many variations as the 026. Similar parts/design as well. They look easy to work on though.

Looks like I have an intermediate 036 of the series. I have the first type of the low profile gas filters (second type of the three).

Status
Not open for further replies.