Stihl MS361 - white plastic press-in pieces in cover

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigg_Redd said:
LLigetfa said:
Bigg_Redd said:
There's no such thing as "too much oil"
Really? So you blow through $100 of oil to save $50 in B/C that's going to wear out regardless???

Yes. Yes that is exactly what I meant.
LOL

I get the feeling you're a Stihl dealer and that a good chunk of your revenue is selling their bar oil at $15 a gallon.

selling their bar oil at $15 a gallon

the last stihl jug was $18/gal...... so it has been the 'last' stihl jug for me until the price gets back reasonable.

I would gladly deal Stihls, but I don't suffer from the "bar oil jug must say Stihl on it" syndrome. I use 30w Wal-Mart Super Tech bar oil.

I've been partial to the Poulan oil at about 6 bucks a jug. Notice I said in the previous post that Stihl says that it is enough oil, not me. I don't have the oiler cranked up all the way, but enough to send a small line out when running the saw near a piece of wood.

you can see by the price of oil its not a bad thing to be able to adjust it!

Status
Not open for further replies.