Stove Chow's HD?? Update 3 Day Later

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

Hey All,

Does anyone know how the Stove Chows are this year at the HD? I have a few HD cards burning a hole in my pocket but my HD is only carrying Chows. I loved them last year but I havent purchased them this year. thanks all.

So I have been burning the Chows and they are working great. They are burning very clean and hot and fine content is low. For the price they are a very nice pellet.

I picked up 2 bags of chow and 2 bags of Fireside Ultra's. Both burned decent and not much different than last seasons.

Gonna try the Bayou's next after I get thru this cold snap and the McFeeter's test.

I grabbed 4 ton this year that have a born on date of 6/11. No problems with them at all.

Thanks J. I burnt them last year and my stove ran really nicely on them. Nice heat output. Ill probably just get a ton and stash it.

Does any new hampshire HD have Stove Chow? Last I looked it was just Fireside. I picked up 1/2 ton of Blazers this weekend but would like to save them for cold nights.

spaly said:
Does any new hampshire HD have Stove Chow? Last I looked it was just Fireside. I picked up 1/2 ton of Blazers this weekend but would like to save them for cold nights.

I don't waste gas.. I get on the phone and call my local big boxes as what they have in stock and will they price match

i,ve been burning stove chow all season until this last cold snap,
didnt have any issues at all....decent heat and not to bad ash wise...

only problem is my local HD dosent have any more

I went to my local HD and bought 1.5 tons of Chows. I will report on how they burn this year. Thanks all.

I have about ten bags left from my ton of Chow. I had exception with them in the beginning with unacceptable amount of fines but as I worked thru the ton, I have grown fonder of them. The high fines were probably from being on the bottom of the pallet (ending on the top of my stash). The heat output has been consistent and plenty to get thru the "teens" nights we have had. I did rely on Blazers for this past weekend. I do find the Chow to be rather ashy and have gotten in the habit of cleaning the stove every two to three days. Once I dialed in the airflow for them, I am not getting any clinkers or much build-up in the burn-pot. I can burn three days straight without scraping and airflow is fine. I shutdown to clean the ash.

I know as on Sunday afternoon the HD in Amherst, nh had the Chow's.

Bought 1/2 ton of chow at HD in Kingston NY three weeks ago.
Not bad for the price

i burned Stove Chow almost all winter except for the most recent cold snap we had here last week
and they were a very good pellet in my stove...good heat and not really alot of ash.

Just over half way through 3 tons of Chow this season. Burn nice, not too much ash, but they are a bit dusty when pouring from the bag.

HD in New Hampshire no longer has Stove Chow. They just stock Fireside ultra and I'm not a big fan.
I wanted to give Stove Chow a try but can't find any.

Saw Stove Chow for $209/ton at HD in Willow Grove, PA today. Should have grabbed a few bags to try. Maybe I will next time I am in the area.

spaly said:
Cooper said:
Spaly where and how much for the blazers in nh?
Blazers are only at Robbins in Oxford mass. There on the web give them a call before heading down. 6.99 bag 176.00 1/2 ton.

What a Bargain!!...Choke!

I was disappointed that I did not see any Chow around here this year. Only Fireside at HD. I bought a few bags. Not too bad, a better than average pellet. But no where near last year's Chow which I thought was awesome.

stellep said:
I was disappointed that I did not see any Chow around here this year. Only Fireside at HD. I bought a few bags. Not too bad, a better than average pellet. But no where near last year's Chow which I thought was awesome.

Thats funny. I bought Stove Chow this year and I think they burn pretty good. I burnt Fireside last year and thought they were one of the best pellets I have tried, I had temps better than when I burned Cubex and less ash.

Chris

cchilly. The latest bunch I bought are exactly as you describe. Also, this brand is one of the few that leave no build-up at all in my burn pot. Don't get me wrong. The first lot I bought were not too shabby either. After all, I did buy more!

Stove chow at HD $4.87 burns very nicely. A little heavy on ash but great heat. Greens at Lowes $4.87 also a very nice pellet for my Harman XXV.
Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.