Stove to be nstalled Wednesday!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Quadra Fire folks will be here Wednesday to install the insert. The dealer is about 140-150 miles from here. Can't wait! Hope they don't have too much trouble putting the surround on, since the fireplace is volcanic rock on the outside. Looks like a pretty tough job to me. They said that they have done several applications like that before and not to worry. Guess we'll see pretty soon. Wish me luck!

Stickburner

Fantabulous. Comin dat far ya needs ta sat dem boys down ta some ribs an a hunka brisket slathered wit some bodacious sauce an some beans on da side there.

Maybe a slab'a peachpie.

An a couple Dixies if'n ya got'em.

BrotherBart said:
Fantabulous. Comin dat far ya needs ta sat dem boys down ta some ribs an a hunka brisket slathered wit some bodacious sauce an some beans on da side there.

Maybe a slab'a peachpie.

An a couple Dixies if'n ya got'em.

You got dat rite far sho, Bro. Bart. When day brought demselves here wit dat stove, I'll be down at the joint firin up those wood pits, cookin dem some fine eatins befo dey head backs fromst whince dey came to start wit. All kidding aside, I'm gonna fix them up a meal to remember. Ribs, brisket, sausage, spicie cowboy pinto beans, potato salad, cornbread with sweet vidalia onion and peach cobbler. I figure if I have a problem and need service, that's a long ways to come...got to give them a dang good reason to make the trip.

Stickburner

Sounds like a good time will be had by all. Thinking about the food and the Cajun chat reminds me of getting to sit on Justin's front porch in Baton Rouge and rock and listen and laugh one afternoon a long time ago.

Problem is, it is all making me powerful hungry and there isn't anything to compare in Virginia. Hmmm... I think I feel a pot of Jambalaya coming on tomorrow. Been a long time.

Now to go catch that chicken. Don't think the neighbor will miss it.

BrotherBart said:
Sounds like a good time will be had by all. Thinking about the food and the Cajun chat reminds me of getting to sit on Justin's front porch in Baton Rouge and rock and listen and laugh one afternoon a long time ago.

Problem is, it is all making me powerful hungry and there isn't anything to compare in Virginia. Hmmm... I think I feel a pot of Jambalaya coming on tomorrow. Been a long time.

Now to go catch that chicken. Don't think the neighbor will miss it.

Can't wait to try and cook a pot of Gumbo on the top of the insert when it gets good and cold. Think I'll have enough room, for the top shelf on the 5100i is a tad less than 8 inches. Just enough. Got a nice cast iron pot that'll fit on there ok. May have to stick a pizza stone, tile, etc. under the pot to keep it from getting to hot...not a big deal for an ol cook like me (ha). First you make a roux.......

Stickburner
P.S. You met Justin Wilson? Dang, that's next to Elvis!

A woman that worked at our branch in BR lived next door to him. Went over for dinner one night and on the after dinner walked we stopped over.

Better'n Elvis.

Edit: In 1979.

Status
Not open for further replies.