Thank You Hearth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay106n

Minister of Fire
Apr 1, 2015
Litchfield County, CT
Just want to give a shout out to all the Hearth members that have helped me over the last 9 months. In January of 2015, I bought a new house in the dead of winter that averaged below zero from January to April, and it was the coldest and snowiest winter in state history. Oil prices were high and I had terrible wet wood that the previous owner left me. I burned it unbeknownst to me that I was causing terrible creosote build up in my chimney. I bought "seasoned" split oak in February, and I burned that too.....barely. I didn't know my stove, and I didn't know my wood. As soon as the snow melted in the spring I bought a splitter and a few cord of oak in the round. I thought at the time it would be ready for this winter...wrong again. Then I joined Hearth.com. Now that wood is on a 3 year plan, and I have stock piled other species that I can burn this winter. Hearth has certainly taught me a thing or two, which would have taken multiple seasons for me to figure out on my own. So, thank you to the frequent hearth members that have responded to my dumb questions, and put up with my dumb jokes in "The Wood Shed". I have to especially thank Mike AKA "mzadrick", who burns the same old All Nighter Moe stove as I do. He reached out to me via private message, and has helped me tremendously. I must credit Mike changing the way I use my stove for optimal performance.

I am always learning something new here. Hearth and its members are like family. Thank you guys. Burn on!

(This is thread number 17,000 in the wood shed) :)

Last edited:
Ditto on that

Same here. This forum is an amazing resource. Even as a former lurker it's a wealth of knowledge. Thank you to all those who have offered their time and wisdom.

Reactions: LocustPocust
This place is a great resource!

Before this place I would burn wet wood and feel good about it. Now I burn wet wood and feel bad about it. ;lol

But in all seriousness, I never would have really planned 2-3 years out without the info on this forum. I'm not there yet, but will be next Fall.

That is what this place is all about. Good folks helping others in their quest to heat their home and to do it safely.

By the way, Jay - the Army called and wants their tank back.:p That Moe is a beast.

Reactions: LocustPocust
Not a problem at all Jay! Glad everything is working out well for you. Now all we need in CT is some cooler weather but that will be here soon enough. This website has helped me out tremendously so I look forward to any help I can give back to other members

Reactions: Jay106n
I have learned so much here and it's good to read others are doing the same. I really think because of this site I bought an excellent stove for my house/setup and worked hard this year to have some decent wood and a back up plan, and it is all working out.

I almost feel I can give back at this point :eek:

Reactions: D8Chumley
would have taken multiple seasons for me to figure out on my own.
I was still being ignorant and lazy and not getting my primary wood (Red Oak) dry enough, after 25 yrs. of burning. ;em Then, thanks to this place, I got "dry-wood religion." ==c

Reactions: Seanm
And then Brother Jay saw the light and he repented then and there . . . can I have an Amen from our Brothers and Sisters and a Halleujah for Brother Jay is born again into the Brotherhood of Repentant Wood Burners.

Thanks to this place I just ordered my first wood moisture meter...

AMEN! HALLEUJAH! This place has helped me immensely as well.

And then Brother Jay saw the light and he repented then and there . . . can I have an Amen from our Brothers and Sisters and a Halleujah for Brother Jay is born again into the Brotherhood of Repentant Wood Burners.

revivals.jpg

Reactions: D8Chumley
2nd that, Jay. Been hanging around here for a few years, burning for @ 15, and still picking up tips and tricks and great advice every season here. Not to mention some pretty good laughs from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.