The Clarks Ace Hardware Warehouse/Time Capsule Thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did some serious late winter cleaning this week and came across a few more gems....

Waterford Ashling

Ashling2.jpg

Regency F2100M (older version of the current 2400)
F2100MA.jpg

Dutchwest Large Catalytic 2461
IMAG1185.jpg

Regency I1100S (This has to be the tiniest firebox I've ever seen)
I1100S.jpg

Century FW270007 (this is still being produced by SBI I believe)
FW270007.jpg

We uncovered dozens of other gas and pellet units, but I figured I wouldn't you wood guys with a bunch of gas inserts and fireplaces :)

Holy crap...what do you do with all of these and why are they just being found now? I am sure I can figure it out for myself if I read the thread but I like Cliff notes.:)

That Waterford Ashling is one good looking stove. I'm glad this thread has been resurrected. I really enjoy looking at these NOS stoves.

Is the DW 2461 complete?

Jay, looking for Whitfield pellet

Just stumbled upon an old Vermont Castings woodbox pamphlet insert. They still make the same woodbox (in fact, we use one for our Defiant), however they no longer advertise the same versatility.

My favorite is the "organizer". Media center's have come a long way ;)

IMAG1297.jpg

Clarks ACE Hardware said:
Just stumbled upon an old Vermont Castings woodbox pamphlet insert. They still make the same woodbox (in fact, we use one for our Defiant), however they no longer advertise the same versatility.

My favorite is the "organizer". Media center's have come a long way ;)

IMAG1297.jpg

That is really cool!

We love our local family owned hardware store (it's two brothers and their sister that run it now). Everyone there knows what they're talking about (except the poor new kid they just hired last fall, lol-but he asks for help when needed). Glad to see another one out there!

Very cool thread. Thanks for posting the pics.

Nice. How much do they go for these days?

Be Green, got mine on ebay 2 yrs ago for 100 bucks,, always wanted one and it was hoour drive for it... wife likes it so im good to go.

Attachments

• vcbox01.jpg
    vcbox01.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 423
Nice score. What are its dimensions? I like the look of them but am not sure if it will fit.

BeGreen said:
Nice score. What are its dimensions? I like the look of them but am not sure if it will fit.

I, too, like the look, but they're not available anymore, are they?

My woodbox is 16 inches deep, 27 inches across and 22 inches tall. and heavy, cast iron with wooden back and bottom....

jetmech said:
My woodbox is 16 inches deep, 27 inches across and 22 inches tall. and heavy, cast iron with wooden back and bottom....

Thanks. I like the size of it, but it looks like it's a bit too big for our space. Too big unless we get rid of the overstuffed chair that no one but the cat uses...

We have a small Ace Hardware in my town that I try to frequent when possible. Old cash register and excellent service. I know I pay a little more but the experience and time there is worth it.

eclecticcottage said:
Clarks ACE Hardware said:
We love our local family owned hardware store (it's two brothers and their sister that run it now). Everyone there knows what they're talking about (except the poor new kid they just hired last fall, lol-but he asks for help when needed). Glad to see another one out there!

Jay- I bought your last ash rake today- time to restock! It is just the perfect length, why aren't they all so long?

I looked for the VC woodbox, but it appeared to be in use (against the back wall) and didn't have a price tag on it... Otherwise I'd have bought that too. Love your store, don't ever change.

Mike

Patapsco Mike said:
Jay- I bought your last ash rake today- time to restock! It is just the perfect length, why aren't they all so long?

I looked for the VC woodbox, but it appeared to be in use (against the back wall) and didn't have a price tag on it... Otherwise I'd have bought that too. Love your store, don't ever change.

Mike

Thanks for swingin' in, Mike and thanks for the kind words.

After years of searching for an ash rake with a decent handle on it, we finally just gave in and had ours custom made. Thanks for noticing :)

Your ash rake is still my favorite tool by the Jotul... sometimes I use the poker but with the shorter handle I have burned myself a couple times with that poker, the ash rake is much safer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.