Timberline wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
First off, do you have access to a-:
welder
grinder
drill press?
If so, PM me, I think I have detailed pics. of my Timberline mods., to add a hefty baffle and secondary air. material cost was less than $100 and well worth it.
And yes, you need to add a rope gasket to the stove, but not the doors. The doors will squish the gasket in place, and it'll work better.
After mods., flue temps @ 900 or so, 10-12 hr. burns, and plenty of heat. Burned as clean as my BK does, if not more so
BUT- it's only worth doing if you can do the work yourself, a welding shop would kill you on cost.
Can I get pics of the modifications?

There's a hyphen. Did you try Beetle-Kill ?

I just leaned a couple of boards of Wonderboard against the stone hearth backing. It was crude, but effective. Those clearance requirements were another reason I sold that stove. Just didn't work in that location.
Coaly, my Timberline had a UL tag that said "made in Colorado Springs" on a shield. Does that sound correct?
Hi there Beetle-Kill !

Merry Christmas, I moved in to a place in Evergreen with the old 2 door timberline woodstove insert. I see you have some recommendations for the skilled DIYer. Can you please share! I'll be happy to share some elk meat in return. OREN SCHMIDT [email protected] 7206446736

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be. If so, post a couple more times and see if that works.

I just leaned a couple of boards of Wonderboard against the stone hearth backing. It was crude, but effective. Those clearance requirements were another reason I sold that stove. Just didn't work in that location.
Coaly, my Timberline had a UL tag that said "made in Colorado Springs" on a shield. Does that sound correct?
Merry Christmas, I moved in to a place in Evergreen with the old 2 door timberline woodstove insert. I see you have some recommendations for the skilled DIYer. Can you please share! I'll be happy to share some elk meat in return. OREN SCHMIDT [email protected] 7206446736
Its going go be tucked in a brick lined fireplace. We were going to use a chimney liner to attach to the stove to vent it. Its a monster fireplace in an old farm house. Any suggestions on installation?? Thanks for all the info so far.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

welder
grinder
drill press?
If so, PM me, I think I have detailed pics. of my Timberline mods., to add a hefty baffle and secondary air. material cost was less than $100 and well worth it.
And yes, you need to add a rope gasket to the stove, but not the doors. The doors will squish the gasket in place, and it'll work better.
After mods., flue temps @ 900 or so, 10-12 hr. burns, and plenty of heat. Burned as clean as my BK does, if not more so
BUT- it's only worth doing if you can do the work yourself, a welding shop would kill you on cost.

welder
grinder
drill press?
Would like to see this conversion.