Today's load

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdinspector

Feeling the Heat
Jan 22, 2009
Northern IL
I drove past my usual wood "stash" at the local tree company. (They let me get wood for free, they just don't want me to cut it there). This is a load of oak that I filled my truck and trailer with. The large rounds are 28" diameter and about 3 feet long. I'm guessing those weighed about 300 lbs. each. I rolled them up onto my trailer using the fold down gate. All pretty straight wood, so it should split pretty easy. This gets me well into 2013-2014 wood.

Attachments

• IMAG0158.jpg
    IMAG0158.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 424
  • IMAG0159.jpg
    IMAG0159.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 413
Nice looking White Oak there.

Nice score.

zap

Wow! I'd surely go to get that stuff and I'd surely give a nice tip too. I bet that was fun wrestling those logs into the truck! A cant hook and a plank or two help tremendously on that task.

Status
Not open for further replies.