Tractor Supply has weekend Demo Days

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Got an email that TSC, at least in our area has their annual Demo Days this coming weekend. Actually, Saturday, April 21 to be exact. Might be a good time for some to try out their splitters or mowers, etc.

Reactions: PA Fire Bug
. . . or try to win one of the free chainsaws they're giving away . . . even if it is only a small Husky.

WOO HOO! Thanks, Jake! I just registered. Hope we all win something. I wouldn't mind that zero-turn mower.

HUSKEE 22 ton splitters on sale today, Friday and Saturday for $999 !!

Mount Pocono PA store has 2 left. (after I brought one home)
I'm another one who could split so much faster with my maul and would never think of using a splitter. Well, at 53 1/2 my splitting the hard way is over.

I think I'm done with Tractor Supply. I just spent $70 on a new blower housing, dipstick tube, and muffler bolts for the rattled apart POS Briggs on my Huskee splitter. I got the parts from the dealer where I just bought a new Gravely mower. They do service and warranty work for nine TSC's in the area. They're always busy.

My new one came with a color insert in the manual showing how to make sure the coupler is straight between the motor PTO shaft and pump. I know misalignment was the vibration cause. Mine doesn't shake or vibrate.

My new one came with a color insert in the manual showing how to make sure the coupler is straight between the motor PTO shaft and pump. I know misalignment was the vibration cause. Mine doesn't shake or vibrate.

Hmm. Maybe I should go check that out. Apparently I'm not the only one with that problem.

It is mounted straight when new. I checked the three in stock, pulled the engines over, and they were all lined up correctly. The pump is mounted with bolts and lock nuts. I assume if it's overloaded the pump could move, so it should be checked from time to time.
The instructions also advise to check tightness of set screw on motor and pump shafts. The coupler is similar to the coupling on an oil burner pump with ears that lock into each other.

Yeah, I've got several large roots type blowers at work with the same style coupling. They like to work themselves apart when you're not looking. <>

I was just at TSC, and the only thing that addendum covers is the assembly of the lovejoy. They apparently weren't put together correctly and work themselves apart. Not sure what vertical alignment would have to do with the problem I have. The advice I got was to call Speeco, since I didn't purchase the service plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.