Trouble-shooting Quadrafire Mt. Vernon OE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
PM answered. 1 other thing, when you had the auger motor out, while it was turning was it turning the correct way? And did you try and apply pressure to the output shaft and see if it would or could be stopped easy?

Auger was turning the correct way. I did not apply pressure to the output shaft and see if it would or could be stopped, something that never entered my mind.

Note: When I reinstalled auger motor then started stove, I couldn't see it turning at the bottom of the pellet bin.
I purposely left pellets out of the bin, so I could actually see the auger turn, it didn't.
I then filled bin to cover the auger, figuring without pellets it may cause a vacuum condition, but pellets still failed to drop.

Continuing my research to solve..........

Auger was turning the correct way. I did not apply pressure to the output shaft and see if it would or could be stopped, something that never entered my mind.

Note: When I reinstalled auger motor then started stove, I couldn't see it turning at the bottom of the pellet bin.
I purposely left pellets out of the bin, so I could actually see the auger turn, it didn't.
I then filled bin to cover the auger, figuring without pellets it may cause a vacuum condition, but pellets still failed to drop.

Continuing my research to solve..........
Ironically I am fighting the same issues, any resolutions found. Rick S.

Give the stove a good cleaning, including the vent pipe. Pull the combustion blower and clean the blades and chamber. Also make sure the vacuum hose is clear. Then try the stove

Reactions: johneh
Give the stove a good cleaning, including the vent pipe. Pull the combustion blower and clean the blades and chamber. Also make sure the vacuum hose is clear. Then try the stove
I did exactly that, cleaned good, by passed the vacuum switch and stove worked great for 20 hours, shut down again and can't get past the auger jam error code, I have ordered a new vacuum switch and auger assembly, already purchased snap disc, and new gaskets for misc. places on stove. Love the stoves, but they can sure be a (pita), not for anyone that doesn't have a lot of patience for continued diagnostics.
Thanks