Ussc 5502m tuning and combustion readings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mdterpsfan33

Mar 24, 2023
Maryland
I have tuned the stove in low and high heat settings. I was able to 80% efficiency and under 200 parts ppm CO with no no smoke in low and high fire. Will points 2-4 be plotted automatically based off low and high? Is there any problem with this tight of tuning.

Low Fire- Draft -8
Feed-1.45

High Fire- Draft- 200
Feed-4.25

Will points 2-4 be plotted automatically based off low and high?
Yes

Is there any problem with this tight of tuning.

Low Fire- Draft -8
Feed-1.45
With that low feed rate I would not be surprised if fire goes out in warmer weather. When stove runs on 1 for a long period of time would not be surprised if it does not feed enough pellets to keep fire going.

Yes

With that low feed rate I would not be surprised if fire goes out in warmer weather. When stove runs on 1 for a long period of time would not be surprised if it does not feed enough pellets to keep fire going.
Is there a combustion reading i should be looking for?

I purchased a new burn pot for mine since my old one was bent up etc. With the better airflow of the new pot I had to increase the feed rate slightly in order for it to not burn out when running on low for extended periods. Bumped from 1.65 to 1.75

Reactions: ARC