Vansco Treemont

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy20

Nov 7, 2016
Michigan
I'm putting and wood burner in my house. I was going to get a new one but just came across this old one. I will be getting it for free just have to get it out of there house. Is this burner a Catalytic or non? Everything looks to be in good shape probably will have to change the gaskets. So any information on this would be great.

IMG_0216.JPG IMG_0222.JPG IMG_0221.JPG IMG_0217.JPG IMG_0224.JPG IMG_0230.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that model is catalytic. The TAC model was IIRC. Maybe @mellow can verify?

Wondering if the handle is for a shaker grate? Could this be a wood/coal model?

I believe that handle goes in the side and makes the bottom grate open up to drop Ash down into the ash pan but I'm not sure

IMG_0220.JPG

This is the top on the inside looks to be a steel plate that I'm assuming is removable I'll be able to see tomorrow and take more pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.