VC Defiant Encore model 2190 Long thread! Pics Dutchwest re-install!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrowningBAR said:
Just to be clear, I was referring to the "gallon" part. Not "5 gallon".

Somewhere between a gallon and a quart. Which is interesting because when I go up to clean the chimney I can see a LOT of the stainless-ness of the liner when I clean it. Hardly looks dirty. I'll try to take some pics when I clean it this year.
Got ya! When you put it this way doesn't sound bad afterall. There's a lot that I did not get at in the smoke chamber, because it was tough to reach and I just got the surface. It was a big improvement and looked a thousand times cleaner when I was done. I could possibly get another quart out of that huge 4' tall funnel like smoke chamber. It really surprised me though, how much was caught in the smoke shelf behind the old flue damper! A charred pine cone and two oak leaves not to mention the burned up creosote and dust that gathered there. It would seem to me they should build those with a downward slope that would cause things to slip down into the fireplace. But your liner is most surely cleaner when you're done. It helps to have the size brush that fits tighly in the space you're trying to clean. Not possible in the smoke chamber of a fireplace, as I'm sure you've looked up there and seen for yourself! :gulp: It still amazes me how VC got the original stoves built so well that they are still popular today.

Status
Not open for further replies.