Vermont Casting Defiant make your own Fountain?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finemedic

Nov 3, 2016
Newtown, Ohio
I have the dreaded problem of no warranty on a Vermont Casting Defiant stove. Love the stove but the fountain does not hold up but for a couple years, Any one know where i can get the supplies to make my own replacement fountain?
Thanks,
Bill

Fountain is like $300.00 plus, no? Still, think I'd stick with thee factory one. Is there an overfiring problem? Is the shoe gasket intact?

Fountain is like $300.00 plus, no? Still, think I'd stick with thee factory one. Is there an overfiring problem? Is the shoe gasket intact?
Overfiring problem or not, they fail unexpectedly. It's all too common.

Reactions: Finemedic
I made my own cat and non-cat versions of combustion boxes out of skamol. I had mixed results. Clean combustion wasn't an issue, although expansion and contraction was. The boxes cracked unfortunately.

After getting two new fountains delivered, both damaged in shipping I am back to square one. No fountain and a non working expensive wood stove. I have called Hearth and Home technologies "The Hearth Experts" and their customer service sucks, no help. Anyone have any idea the material these fountains are made out of? Of course Hearth and home will not tell me where these fountains are manufactured. 4 week delivery for a fountain.
Any constructive ideas appreciated wise ass comments may cheer me up!

Attachments

• IMG_1767.JPG
    IMG_1767.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_1754.JPG
    IMG_1754.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1752.JPG
    IMG_1752.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 170
Status
Not open for further replies.