Veterans Day!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
A big thanks to all our vets - as well as to our current service members. Heck, we have quite a few including @Gunny checking in from Afghanistan! Don't you love the internet? Instead of sitting there dreaming about his homecoming stoves, he's planning, researching and learning!

I think it's a great holiday because it celebrates the PEACE at the end of WWI. Or at least the armistice when the fighting stopped.

my personal "tradition" is every year on both memorial day and veterans day , i get out my dog tags and put them on for the day. its my little "show of support" for the guys and gals out there today as well as those i served with and those who served before me.

gotta pass one "shout out" to @Gunny Semper Fi, my friend! , keep your head down

*SALUTE* to all my fellow vets.

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
Thanks. I just couldn't raise the bus fare to Canada.

140.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: fossil
I kept forgetting to get out. USN 1969 - 2000

Thanks to all that have served and are serving our country. It is much appreciated.

Same here re: the Bagpipes…kinda weird as we get so many opportunities to hear them.

Thanks to all those whom did so much for so many & asked nothing in return.

On that note, the next time you hear a "politician" talking about cutting veterans benefits….time to remind them that someone else's sacrifice guaranteed their right to free speech. Perhaps a little respect is in order, as well as keeping the bargain that was made all those years ago. The vets certainly held up their end.

Reactions: Jags
Reactions: DAKSY
Thank you vets!

Here's a pic to commemorate. :cool:

1395122_10100501599153675_943952640_n.jpg

Thanks you guys! Same with all Vets. Sorry did not check this thread earlier. Been busy, still here, less than a month left.

Reactions: pen
Status
Not open for further replies.