Warm Morning 420...Toss It or Referb It?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HarleyDog

Nov 6, 2021
Central Utah
Good Morning Guys

I'm reaching out because I've purchased a piece of property that has a Warm Morning 422 in the shed and I'm stuck with a problem. I'd love to hook it all up and use it during my winter projects time but the fire brick in the inside is all banged up and looks like pieces of a puzzle with maybe only one full corner piece to see that I have scrap to deal with. I've searched on-line but can't seem to locate much information about how many brick and where I could buy some replacement parts. That leaves me with the option of getting rid of a pretty little stove which I'm hesitant to do.

Therefore, I ask this question to the group: Any resources for this old model stove available today?

Thanks for your input

Model 422.jpg Warm Morning 4229.jpg Open Door.jpg All My Broken Brick.jpg Broken Brick 1.jpg Broken Brick 2.jpg

Good Morning Guys

I'm reaching out because I've purchased a piece of property that has a Warm Morning 422 in the shed and I'm stuck with a problem. I'd love to hook it all up and use it during my winter projects time but the fire brick in the inside is all banged up and looks like pieces of a puzzle with maybe only one full corner piece to see that I have scrap to deal with. I've searched on-line but can't seem to locate much information about how many brick and where I could buy some replacement parts. That leaves me with the option of getting rid of a pretty little stove which I'm hesitant to do.

Therefore, I ask this question to the group: Any resources for this old model stove available today?

Thanks for your input

View attachment 284858 View attachment 284859 View attachment 284860 View attachment 284861 View attachment 284862 View attachment 284863
It is an old coal parlor stove finding parts is not likely you would probably have to cast your own brick

Late to the party so you may have tossed it by now. If not. I have a few warm mornings and they are good heaters. There is a ton of information over at the coalpail website about these. I’ve burned wood and coal. It’s a better coal stove but will burn wood well. There are options to the firebrick. A lot of details at coalpail.

Late to the party so you may have tossed it by now. If not. I have a few warm mornings and they are good heaters. There is a ton of information over at the coalpail website about these. I’ve burned wood and coal. It’s a better coal stove but will burn wood well. There are options to the firebrick. A lot of details at coalpail.
I am sorry they are horrible woodstoves. Very good coal stoves though.

Mine worked pretty good with wood. Comparable to most other wood stoves from that era. I completely disassembled it and resealed everything so it had much better air control. Maybe that’s the key. 🤔 I could get 6-8 hour burns.

It was very good with coal though. 12 hour burns easy.

Mine worked pretty good with wood. Comparable to most other wood stoves from that era. I completely disassembled it and resealed everything so it had much better air control. Maybe that’s the key. 🤔 I could get 6-8 hour burns.

It was very good with coal though. 12 hour burns easy.
There is allot more to making a stove a good woodstove than burn times. I use one pretty regularly at a family members cabin.

And yes they are on par with most other stoves of the time