Well... this weekend is shot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snowing here for about 2 hours.

My Mom is now up here from FLA to stay. Her first storm in 25 years

20150214_150101.jpg

Thunder snow and high winds coming through West Virginia right now headed our way.

Party down, Dix..

Reactions: Dix
Snowing here for about 2 hours.

My Mom is now up here from FLA to stay. Her first storm in 25 years

It's a pleasant snow right now, Mom must think it's pretty.

Could really do w/o it myself. Headed off tomorrow but gonna have to run the snow blower early in the AM just so the car service can get in the driveway :mad:.

Wind and even colder temps coming, sheesh.

It is pretty. And I believe I need a proper weather station for my shop!

Bobbins right, it is pretty right now.

And right now, I'm pumping the house withe heat from both stoves.

Ash cans 1/2 full, so I can clean out in the AM and use the ash on the walk ways and then have 2 empty ash cans *diabolical thinking wins in this situation* ;)

Reactions: Bobbin
Well, it's not snowing right now.

So screwed here. I'm 1/2 a mile away from William Floyd Parkway.

I figure I'll be dipping into the cord on the back deck after this one.

:mad:

Lol... love the photo, Dix!

Reactions: BrotherBart
Caribbean sounds good right now.
Enjoy your momma Dix.

Treasure the time with her. They drive you crazy when they are old, but you drove them crazy when they were young.

Treasure the time with her. They drive you crazy when they are old, but you drove them crazy when they were young.
I'm biting my tongue on some fairly obvious diaper jokes, here...

I'm biting my tongue on some fairly obvious diaper jokes, here...

Really pissed off Dad one time when I told him that for 1/3 of my life he took care of me and made the decisions. For the next third we took care of ourselves and made the decisions. In the last third I take care of him and make the decisions.

We only got maybe 2" of snow last night. Trouble is, with this wicked wind, a third of it is air-borne at any time. Still, I guess I had better go try to clean up, before it becomes ice.

Yesterday, I got to change the oil in the Jeep (myself on the driveway), gave the pellet stove a good cleaning, went to the Home Depot when the snow started, then went into the low ceiling attic to fix electrical wire squirrel damage from long ago (and some half assed electrical wiring too) so I can turn on that circuit, then stayed in the attic air sealing and adding Roxul insulation. Finished at 11pm. I was beat.

Man it's cold today.

All this at 5 degrees ..........................

marine.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We got about 14 inches more.

I just got in from round 1. 3 hours to get the driveways, major paths and the patio snowblowed. Stupid shear pin broke again so that slowed me down a bit.

Mrs. made homemade chicken soup while I was out there, bless her heart.

Now its out for round two to shovel the paths the blower cant reach and rake off the roofs again. Probably 2-3 hours more work yet.

We got about 14 inches more.

I just got in from round 1. 3 hours to get the driveways, major paths and the patio snowblowed. Stupid shear pin broke again so that slowed me down a bit.

Mrs. made homemade chicken soup while I was out there, bless her heart.

Now its out for round two to shovel the paths the blower cant reach and rake off the roofs again. Probably 2-3 hours more work yet.
:( That makes for a long day Jeremy! Be safe!

Luckily, my house faces North. Therefore there's no snow accumulating in the driveway. It blows from the front out the back!

Andrew

It ended up taking me about 6 hours. thats in addition to the 6 hours before the storm clearing from the previous one. My elderly neighbor ate a newspaper with his blower so I took a break to lend him a shear pin and fix his blower for him. Good deed of the day.

I raked all the roofs again and spent a lot of time with the blower pushing that snow away from the house in case we get another one.

Woodshed is empty so I had to shovel a path to a new stack. Its above my waist now.

I'm sitting in ther supermarket parking lot right now waiting for my wife to come out and I've seen three people walk out with carts full of those $5 bundles of wood. I really hope they're not going into some long disused wood stove or fireplace with a chimney that was last cleaned during the first Bush Administration.

My first estimate was thin. I'd say 3 - 6 inches, but who can tell in this wind? Every direction pointed the chute on that 64" snowblower was into the wind, which made blowing it pretty miserable.

Wife has a cold, and one kid has the stomach bug, so no homemade soup for me! [emoji1]

Edit: I sort of envy your snow this year, Jeremy. I don't get to really justify the equipment as often as I'd like, most years.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424037615.707293.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Get in the kitchen dad! Soup making is easy.

Reactions: Swedishchef
Status
Not open for further replies.