Whacky weather...but i'll take it

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodconvert

Minister of Fire
May 24, 2007
Fenton Michigan
Crazy yesterday. Low 60's, rain and then a spring type storm blew through after 10:00pm. Lightening, wind and LOTS of rain. It's supposed to do more of the same today then reality sets back in for the weekend. I'll take it though, we need the rain and two free days of not burning wood or running the furnace...it could be worse.

We have just a few patches of snow left. Most of that rain yesterday missed us. Morning it went north of us and night it went south of us. Maybe we'll get the next one full force!

Broke records in Rochester yesterday and probably today. They talked about 70. May have to go for a bike ride.

I live to run the wood stove and even love it better when I'm conserving the wood pile. This is all good because our ceiling fan (which draws the air into the rest of the house) is on the fritz.

At 6 am today it was 1 degree from breaking the record. Supposed to be btw 55 and 60 today, 50 tomorrow then "cool" off at 35-40 for the weekend. I can take it!!! Its only early January and Im sick of this white stuff on the ground! This warm spell will make my woodpile smile though!!

Give me my weather back, we had snow yesterday in Arizona and a nice coating of ice on the car this morning.

Mid 50's here in Iowa.
I like the break from full on burning.
Make a small one in the morning and then a small one at night.

....now that I think of it....the question is: DO I HAVE ANY FREEKING KINDLING????!?!?!?. Poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.