What are the main differences between Kuma stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Judge80

Aug 23, 2022
Midwest
I was browsing Kuma stoves as a backup to the Bk King I have ordered in case the 8” pope doesn’t fit in my chase. I saw a few Kuma stoves that have the same BTU output, Sq ft coverage etc but different names. What are the major differences between these?

I am looking at the Ashwood LE as my backup stove since the retailer lead time is about 8 weeks versus 18-20 weeks for a Princess is my king doesn’t work out.

I believe its basically looks, not functionality. They spec out the same as you mentioned. I was surprised how large the Ashwood is when I saw one in a showroom this fall. I was considering an Aspen at the time because I felt I didnt need anything larger. They look very well built, I'm sure they can throw some serious heat.

Lots of manufacturers design one firebox and then decorate it differently and call it a different model. Same girl, different dress. The kuma line has earned some impressive test numbers and they’re from Idaho so they must be good.

Lots of manufacturers design one firebox and then decorate it differently and call it a different model. Same girl, different dress. The kuma line has earned some impressive test numbers and they’re from Idaho so they must be good.
Thank you